Hotel Lunata
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Pension San Juan(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
El Secreto Hotel by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Hotel Vista Caribe(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Maya del Mar(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Hotel El Punto(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
The Palm at Playa(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Pelicano Inn(Playa del Carmen)
  • Beachfront
Los Itzaes Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswhere breakfast is servedgarden viewboutique hotelsmall tvbeautiful hoteldefinitely stay here againhotel entranceking roomferry to cozumelavenoisebeachbalconieslocknightlifehoneymoonpesos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2013

On our way to and from Belize, my fiance and I stayed here. On the night of our return stay, we were warmly greeted and welcomed back. It meant the world to know that they remembered us. I cannot say enough about the hotel aesthetic. Very stylish, with traditional Mexican decor. The location is outstanding if you want to be in the heart of Fifth Avenue. Yet the peaceful courtyard is a beautiful escape from the bustling street. If I were to return to Playa, this place would be where I would stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Looked at this hotel in 2012 and decided to stay for 4 nights this May. Definitely a good choice. Lunata is in the heart of 5th Ave with an amazing choice of restaurants and shops. The staff could not be more welcoming especially Louisianna & Erika always on hand to answer questions and recommend places to eat. Good breakfast and the best orange juice ever. We would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Calypso, overlooking the garden
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This hotel, beautifully designed in colonial Mexican style, gets just about everything right. Wonderful, helpful staff; nicely appointed rooms that feel spacious and gracious; clean, beautifully appointed common areas, including a lovely garden in back. One enters an oasis entering Hotel Lunata, although it is right on Fifth Avenue - the main drag of Playa del Carmen. If you want a huge beach resort catering to your every whim, this isn't it. If you want a small, impeccably-run hotel that is a respite from Playa's more annoying aspects, this is it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Lunata during our honeymoon. We initially stayed at a different hotel upon arrival to Playa. It was terrible! The hotel was far from the beach, the air conditioner wasn't working, the bed was not very inviting, and the food wasn't great. We took a loooong walk around Playa in search forbthe perfect hotel. We thought we were doomed, until... we walked past Lunata. You can't really tell it's a hotel since the entrance is rather small and there are small businesses around- since it's on Quinta Avenida. Well, we took a few steps backward to get a better look. I fell in love with it within seconds! The receptionist was super nice, and when we asked if it was possible to look at an available room, she immediately took us to a few that were available. There are only 9 or 10 rooms- that was one of the things I loved about this Hacienda style hotel. We looked at several, but the one we loved was the Ofelia. The rooms don't go by numbers at Lunata, they have names of stars :)
The room was SUPER clean, air condotioned so it felt like a lil freezer when w walked in- which was great!- andthe smell- I will never forget that smell of cucumber each time we opened our door!!! The king size bed, a mini frigde, small dinette table, our own balcony overviewing the garden, and the bathroom--- oh, everything about Lunata is perfect!!!!! And we were just a block's walk away from the beach!!!! And about 7 minutes to the ferry's terminal...It truly couldn't have gotten any better than that for us. I couldn't rave about this hotel more- you have got to experience it yourself!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

We had last-minute reservations and stayed at this hotel. I am very impressed on the location and cleanliness and the friendliness of the staff. I would recommend staying there if you were want to stay on Fifth Avenue

• Stayed: March 2013