We had a group of 8 people stay at this hotel May 3-10 of 08. The hotel is small, clean and on the more mellow north end of Playa. First off, this is a very basic hotel. Its not for the all inclusive traveler or pampered types. We like staying at little spots like this because in Playa there are so many spots to eat, drink and explore. We are not in the rooms much so fancy isn't a concern.
That being said its not roughing it by any means. The AC worked well, and there was a ceiling fan. Most importantly, the place was clean with a good shower and hot water. It had a nice little pool the staff was very polite and the nicest beach in the area (Mamitas) was a quick walk down the street. We had previously stayed (last 2 years) at Riviera Caribe Maya, and we prefer this spot. I would like to see every room with a mini fridge, that would be my only minor complaint. There is a store on the walk to the beach and we bought styro cooler and ice so it wasn't a big deal not having the fridge. The cleaning staff left our door unlocked once when they had finished the room which wasn't something I liked, but there are safes in the rooms, and we had our important items secured.
We felt safe at this hotel and enjoyed our stay. You can hear people in other rooms now and again, and hear people clunking up and down the stairs too. Its not a huge concern if the hotel crowd is mellow and considerate of others. If there were people partying in the rooms all night it could get annoying, but being such a small place, the staff could easily handle it. I think its just not that type of hotel. Yes the beds are hard. It seems to be the case in Mexico, even the plush hotels have hard beds. For the price, we really liked this place. Clean, safe, quiet. friendly staff and a nice location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riviera del Sol is an outstandingly beautiful hotel located in Playa del Carmen. Here you will enjoy a peaceful atmosphere accompanied by the warm, friendly, and courteous service the Mayan Riviera is famous for. Riviera del Sol is designed exclusively with your relaxation and comfort in mind. Each room has a private patio or balcony overlooking the pool and stunning garden area. Whether it’s just the two of you or your entire family, you will find that staying at Riviera del Sol is a truly exceptional experience - Welcome to the magic that is Riviera del Sol! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riviera del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riviera Del Sol Hotel
- Riviera Del Sol Playa Carmen
- Hotel Riviera Del Sol Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen