All reviewsmamitas beach clubperfect locationfresh fruitquaint hotelshort walk to the beachthe staff was friendly and helpfuldefinitely stay here againtwo blocksrooms are spaciousbreakfast was includedsmall poolevery morningcheck in was easywater pressurerental carupon checkcereal
Reviewed 15 February 2014

With this hotel you get the basic things you need when staying in Playa. It's got a very good location, friendly staff, and clean rooms.

What you get is a basic breakfast that will carry you until lunch. The pool is OK, but this hotel might not be that suited for kids.

Me and my friend would love to return.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the top floor, they've got a ventilation system that will annoy you. Maybe ok for 2 - 4 nights, but not for a long stay.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Baines47
rivieradelasol, Gerente at Hotel Riviera del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thanks for your feedback!
hope you visit us soon!

Greetings!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed at Riviera Del Sol with my girlfriend January 23-27. It was a nice hotel, very clean, nice furniture (many reviewers of Playa hotels complain about hard beds but after three visits to Playa this seems to be the norm so it doesn't bother me) WONDERFUL staff, and excellent location at the north end of Quinta just a block from Mamita's. I truly like this hotel and would stay with them again as long as I don't get a room on the first floor. We stayed in room 104. This room is one room away from the dining/bar area. So every morning we woke to the sound of breakfast being setup. Also, all of the first floor rooms look out to the pool and reception area. Everyone walking in and out of the hotel or hanging at the pool is outside your room. There is a privacy screen for your sliding glass window, but then it feels like you're in a closed room. Also, if you'd like to get, well, intimate, it doesn't feel very private. One tip I can offer if you happen to get a first floor room: on the second floor is a nice sitting area with daybeds and books to read. So if you're feeling cooped up in your room and want some fresh air head up to the second floor. We didn't discover this little tidbit until our last day when we decided to look around the hotel.

Riviera Del Sol is a very nice hotel, great location, super friendly helpful staff, great breakfast (saved us about $20 per day), and I would absolutely stay there again. As long as my room is on the second or third floor.

One last tip for budget travelers: I booked on venere.com a result that I got when I input my dates in TripAdvisor. It was nice because when booking through venere you only have to pay first night, you pay the balance at checkout. Venere says you pay at checkout but Riviera Del Sol asks you to pay the first night, which I think is perfectly reasonable. It allowed us to spread out paying for our vacation, instead of one lump sum. Happy travels!

Room Tip: Definitely get a room on the second or third floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lindsey S
rivieradelasol, Gerente at Hotel Riviera del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2015

Thanks for your feedback!!! hope you visit us soon! Greetings!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I have stayed in this hotel twice. The first time in 2005 when Playa was still a small Mexican village and now when it is a hip-swanky hot spot for European travelers. Both times the was quaint, clean and quiet with friendly staff. The complimentary breakfast changes everyday and is fabulous. The rooms are large and clean. The best thing about this hotel is the complimentary tickets for chairs and umbrellas at Mamita's beach club which is just one block down the street from the hotel. This is a $30 savings everyday vs having to rent from Mamita's. The location of this hotel is excellent too. I do agree somewhat with previous comments about hearing music from local restaurants. It seems highly popular now in Playa for restaurants to blast techno/lounge beats in all directions. So yes this can be heard in your room but with the patio door closed and the air vent on you can drowned out the sound which doesn't seem to play all night long (someone said until 4am?). I am very light sleeper and got excellent sleep every night, so no worries. This hotel is a great value and no risk to those brave travelers (ha ha) who want to venture away from "all inclusives." Have fun!!!!

Room Tip: All face the pool. There are three levels (ground, 1st and 2nd). We stayed on the 1st and could not hear noise above or below us. I would avoid the end rooms because you will get traffic noise from two streets.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your feedback! and thanks for choosing us again
hope you visit us soon!

Greetings!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

positive:
kindness of staff! they are really good & give lot of advices.
hotel very well situated: between main pedestrian avenue & the beach.
rooms are clean, big, & good furnitures

negative:
the room next to the bar are noisy because of woofers there.
swimming pool is tiny, only for children

Room Tip: not the ones next to the bar (I think n°104)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fab75010
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Loved this little hotel last year so much, back here again ! There have been a few small but significant improvements, and enjoying sharing the experience with my son and his partner. Staff made us very welcome as returning guests , nothing too much trouble. Breakfast is improved with buffet of hot and cold dishes daily. Fresh exotic fruit platter delicious ! Tokens for a welcome drink a very nice gesture, had a great Margarita in the bar . Overall everything's perfect except the weather but here's hoping for some sunshine .

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor overlooking pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family