Gabriella greeted us with a warm reception, personally showing us to our beautiful room on the first floor. The room was spacious, clean and wonderfully air-conditioned, a welcome relief from the heat outside. Complementary water was provided daily and an inexpensive mini bar was a convenient touch.
Our balcony view looked out onto the pool which was well looked after and a refreshingly quiet spot away from the crowds at the beach. In the evening the hotel was decorated with numerous candles around the pool and looked really attractive.
The staff at the hotel couldnt have been friendlier and provided excellent service. The buffet breakfast that was included was substantial with fresh fruit, eggs, beans and pastries and was available from 7am to 11am which meant that we were accommodated both for our early starts and lie-ins.
The hotel provided pool/beach towels, together with vouchers for Mamita's beach club for free use of their sun-loungers and umbrellas which provided an alternative option to the pool at no extra cost.The hotel bar served reasonably priced drinks which were good value too.
At no fault of the hotel, the surrounding bars started playing loud music between 5pm-8pm which we could hear in our room and occasionally the surrounding traffic was slightly disturbing during the night, but to be honest I think that is the nature of staying in Playa del Carmen and would probably be noticed no matter where we had stayed.
There was nothing that I could suggest to make our stay better and the 6 nights we spent here were very relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riviera del Sol is an outstandingly beautiful hotel located in Playa del Carmen. Here you will enjoy a peaceful atmosphere accompanied by the warm, friendly, and courteous service the Mayan Riviera is famous for. Riviera del Sol is designed exclusively with your relaxation and comfort in mind. Each room has a private patio or balcony overlooking the pool and stunning garden area. Whether it’s just the two of you or your entire family, you will find that staying at Riviera del Sol is a truly exceptional experience - Welcome to the magic that is Riviera del Sol! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riviera del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riviera Del Sol Hotel
- Riviera Del Sol Playa Carmen
- Hotel Riviera Del Sol Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen