I decided to try the Bric this trip, I did a bit of research, found most of the sites have it GPS'd incorrectly, the Bric is only .5 of a block to the West of 5th Avenue and a 5 minute or less walk to the beach clubs on the beach in Playa del Carmen it is not on the West Side of the 307.
I quickly emailed the hotel and rec;d very quick responses letting me know their correct location as well as a bit of other requested information. I confirmed there is parking and yes there is, it is on the street around the hotel in a nice quiet location. I stayed for one night on the way through, enjoyed it so much I stayed for 3 nights upon my return to Playa.
Check in was so fast, I was asked if I needed help with my bags, a quick explanation of breakfast etc and off to my room. My room was fantastic, simple and clean with a surprise awaiting me. On the shelf in front of me was a bottle of Red Wine, 2 beautiful blue wine glasses, Chips n Salsa ! A king bed, 2 side tables with lamps, a drawer and cupboard to the end of the bed (not crowded at all) was a Valet with TV remotes for TV and AC and a small very cold fridge to keep my water etc cold, Sliding Locking Glass doors are your main entrance off to the right is a Closet with Safe, the Bathroom had ample room and a nice shelf to put my goodies on as well as a nice basket of bathroom amenities.
The breakfast was a nice surprise I stopped down for a coffee to take to the room while I was organizing myself, then off to break which was buffet style, tea, coffee, juice, water, toast, delicious pancakes, bacon and eggs along with a fruit, cereal, yoghurt bar. The food was very adequate and above what i really expected. Upon my return I learnt that 2 times per week they do a nice Mexican Breaky which was fantastic. The woman who was the chef was so gracious and sweet along with her helper I was thoroughly satisfied.
Within 3 minutes of this little gem is a Starbucks, 5 - 10 restaurants and ample shopping. I loved it and will definitely return. Everyone I was in contact with was beyond helpful and very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel located off of 5th Avenue in the center of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The BRIC hotel offers 14 charming hotel rooms, each with en-suite bathrooms, air conditioning and full services including concierge, WiFi Internet and pool. Situated in the heart of Playa del Carmen on 28th street, only steps to the World famous 5th Avenue and Mamitas Beach Club. Enjoy the luxury of staying in the heart of Playa del Carmen, experience the excellence of service pledge from our staff all at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your BRIC Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prisma Caribe Playa Del Carmen
- Prisma Caribe Hotel
- BRIC Hotel & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen