“Fantastic Stay at the Bric”
Review of BRIC Hotel & Spa

BRIC Hotel & Spa
Ranked #53 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I decided to try the Bric this trip, I did a bit of research, found most of the sites have it GPS'd incorrectly, the Bric is only .5 of a block to the West of 5th Avenue and a 5 minute or less walk to the beach clubs on the beach in Playa del Carmen it is not on the West Side of the 307.
I quickly emailed the hotel and rec;d very quick responses letting me know their correct location as well as a bit of other requested information. I confirmed there is parking and yes there is, it is on the street around the hotel in a nice quiet location. I stayed for one night on the way through, enjoyed it so much I stayed for 3 nights upon my return to Playa.
Check in was so fast, I was asked if I needed help with my bags, a quick explanation of breakfast etc and off to my room. My room was fantastic, simple and clean with a surprise awaiting me. On the shelf in front of me was a bottle of Red Wine, 2 beautiful blue wine glasses, Chips n Salsa ! A king bed, 2 side tables with lamps, a drawer and cupboard to the end of the bed (not crowded at all) was a Valet with TV remotes for TV and AC and a small very cold fridge to keep my water etc cold, Sliding Locking Glass doors are your main entrance off to the right is a Closet with Safe, the Bathroom had ample room and a nice shelf to put my goodies on as well as a nice basket of bathroom amenities.
The breakfast was a nice surprise I stopped down for a coffee to take to the room while I was organizing myself, then off to break which was buffet style, tea, coffee, juice, water, toast, delicious pancakes, bacon and eggs along with a fruit, cereal, yoghurt bar. The food was very adequate and above what i really expected. Upon my return I learnt that 2 times per week they do a nice Mexican Breaky which was fantastic. The woman who was the chef was so gracious and sweet along with her helper I was thoroughly satisfied.
Within 3 minutes of this little gem is a Starbucks, 5 - 10 restaurants and ample shopping. I loved it and will definitely return. Everyone I was in contact with was beyond helpful and very friendly.

Room Tip: I had two rooms around the courtyard and they were both just great. I gave the Hotel a 3 star as it...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Wilfam

Reviewed 6 September 2011

Beautiful and simple hotel in the heart of Playa del Carmen. The BRIC has a wonderful helpful staff. We used most of their suggestions for meals, diving, massage, directions and general thing to do, and we were extremely pleased. The BRIC is clean, secure, and great location. The included breakfast is simple, but good and healthy. We felt that it was a great value and good for couples and families. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jacob G
Reviewed 29 August 2011

During our recent trip to Playa del Carmen, we were fortunate enough to have found the Bric Hotel. We very much enjoyed our five night stay. The intimate hotel was a welcome surprise. The rooms were quite comfortable, clean and offered all the conveniences necessary while traveling. The grounds were well maintained and the pool was always the perfect way to start and end the day. The staff was outstanding and very attentive to our needs, assisting with directions and local recommendations, including swimming with whale sharks currently in season. The complimentary breakfasts prepared daily, were delicious and definitely spoil you while away.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

The hotel is among the average but its location is really good. You can just walk to the best places in Playa but being located at 28th make it quieter than others. The staff is very nice and helpful. We'll be back. :)

Room Tip: Our room had a small window to the street but that wasn't a big issue. All rooms have the princi...
2  Thank filhote
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We ended up in Playa del Carmen and stayed here at The Bric Hotel after some arrangements in Merida fell through . It was a great little place. At only 14 rooms it was quaint and comfortable. This was a welcome relief from the larger resorts that you see popping up around Playa. The staff was very welcoming and hospitable and were genuinely interested in our stay. Within a few minutes and a couple speed dial calls we were hooked up with snorkeling and swimming with whale sharks. The proprietors were on site and chatted with us daily. The location is perfect, right off 5th Ave, in the quieter, newer section, and a 2 minute walk to Mamitas beach. Breakfast was included and was delicious each day - eggs, bacon, fruit, assorted cereal, pancakes, coffee, juice, and a daily special. What a tremendous value this turned out to be for us and a welcome detour.

2  Thank stvnmsts
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We stayed at The Bric for the last four nights of a two and half week trek through Central America. Having spent the better part of our time visiting family and friends our family was looking forward to some relaxing beach time. We arrived late but the front staff were very accommodating. The hotel is located steps from 5th Ave and yet you do not feel that you are in the midst of a major tourist area. Service was always personable. The front desk made arrangements for our Maya ruins tours and it was fabulous. Rooms were small but comfortable. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to enjoy Playa but not just be a number in a big hotel. We are looking forward to getting back soon.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank travlinterp
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I cannot say enough about the Bric Hotel....and where to start as I have stayed there over ten different times in my travels over the past year! First, the staff, one of the best in Playa, bilingual, great smiles from the front desk, the breakfast staff (you get a free breakfast to fill you up every day), night guards, housekeeping, property managers, accounting staff, owners, everyone...the beds, awesome - super comfortable rooms, love the private balconies, quick walk to beach, shops, restaurants, and SUPER quiet area to sleep at (which is hard to find in playa with the noisy bars when you get around 5th), I have recommended and booked many people there and they always have great reviews. Thanks Kristin and staff - you are all priceless and memories are amazing!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo