“Quiet Getaway”
Review of BRIC Hotel & Spa

BRIC Hotel & Spa
Ranked #47 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 28 October 2011

The Bric is a small, and simple hotel. The property is gorgeous and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are on the smaller side, but clean and well kept. Our bed was actually 2 twin beds pushed together which is typical in Mexico, but still not very comfortable. The location is great, on the "newer" side of Playa and right off 5th avenue. Overall, this was the perfect fit for us.

There are newer reviews for BRIC Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 27 October 2011

the room although small was very clean, and air condition. The hotel was very quiet. But close to everything, restaurants, night life, stores, taxis all within walking distance. The staff was very pleasant. Especially April very sweet and kind. The massage that was included was excellent. That was the hi-light of my stay at the Bric. Now for the cons, I ordered this trip thru groupons to which I've purchased several trips amongst other offers and they have been spot on. This offer lacked in the breakfast consisting of coffee no juice whatsoever. Cold cereal with warm milk and cold pancakes, toast. Pretty much a continental breakfast minus juice and bagel/rolls. But definitely not a buffet breakfast. But again they were so nice, the lady in the kitchen area made me some kind of nachos with melted cheese. Very good too. No worries restaurants are every. Next I was being over charged for taxes, in my email correspondence I was told 25us on the second day of my stay I was told my taxes were 39us. Once I mention Marcus is who I  corresponded with, it was back to 25us again. (Not nice)  My greatest disappointment was free wifi that never worked during my stay, although I was told they were working on it. On my last night I was told by the gentleman it was up and running, it must be my iPad then I told him my husband laptop doesn't receive the Bric wifi either, he pulled out his cell phone to show me it worked for him. How nice for him. Yet I had to pirate free wifi from cablemas gratis or mexico1 to make any contact with the USA. There are no phones in the room to make calls or to contact the front desk. This place considers itself a bed and breakfast. But if all you need is a bed and clean safe room for a good price, this is it. would I stay here again? Definitly! My wish would be a microwave down in the dining area and get that Wifi running.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

We had a great 6night stay at the bric. The staff was extremely helpful with our entire trip. Great restaurant recommendations. The breakfast buffet was wonderful and the hotel is in a great location. I would recommend this hotel and I would probably go back again.
The only thing i can say is that the beds are a little hard but we were able to overlook since everything else was so great.

Room Tip: No hair dryers and beds are a little hard to sleep on....youll need a good massage from the woman th...
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I will keep this short and simple: I woke up at 4 a.m. to water dripping on my face from the ceiling light fixture. I went to the hotel office but it was locked and there was no one there. I had to wait until someone showed up at 9 a.m. for them to change my room. Upon check out, I asked for a receipt. I noticed at the airport that MY CREDIT CARD WAS CHARGED FOR SOMEONE ELSE'S ROOM AND SERVICES. I called the hotel and the woman at the front desk was extremely rude about the situation and could not comprehend the problem. I had to start a dispute through my credit card company, so we'll see how that pans out. The beds are extremely uncomfortable. We stayed away from the pool for most of the time because it was dirty. It's a shame because it's a cute place and Playa del Carmen is truly lovely.

3  Thank lmp1204
Reviewed 17 October 2011

The location of The Bric Hotel is wonderful. Steps away from everything you need but still a quiet retreat with a good breakfast to start your day. About a 5-7 minute walk to the ocean with plenty of options for a variety of scenes along the beachfront. The staff was very helpful and we never had to worry about finding someplace great to eat within walking distance.

1  Thank Pam K
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Although the staff were helpful and nice, they seemed to be confused about the details on my reservation. I purchased this through Groupon and had trouble getting people to call me back, and when they said they would, they never did. I specifically asked for 2 rooms next to each other and 2 beds per room, which they only got half right. One room was upstairs, while the other downstairs. At the hotel, the staff were very nice. My Groupon deal came with a free 1hr massage (which was fantastic-the lady, Erica, was great!) and breakfast. The breakfast consisted of pancakes, bacon, sausage and eggs. There was fruit (watermelon, papaya, and melon) and would sometimes have bananas. The fresh juice water lacked sugar. They also sometimes had a specialty dish (chilaquiles). Unfortunately, they often forgot to put out enough shampoos/soap/toilet paper/towels and I had to ask them for those items numerous times. There were a lot of mosquitos and I got bit about 12times, but that's understandable given the humidity and proximity to the beach. The location is great, located close enough to walk to the beach and to the bar-scene area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We had a great time. The staff was very accommodating and super friendly. The housekeeper did a great job cleaning our room everyday. (She even organized our stuff - it was a nice treat to come home to everyday!) The breakfast was ok - I don't like milk in my eggs, but other than that it was fresh and hot everyday. We had an upstairs corner room - the view was blocked by foliage, so if you want to see the pool I would request one of the side rooms. When we arrived the bedspread has a stain at the end of the bed. Most likely a sand or mud stain, but stains are yucky. Half way thru the week the bedspread was changed out without us requesting it, so that was nice. The price during the off season was great! I would definitely go back. BTW - the shower was good too! I have very long thick hair and the rain shower did a great job.

Room Tip: I would choose a side room rather than a corner room. the corner room we had didn't have a very...