This was our ninth visit to Fisherman’s. We love the staff, the beach and the location. Although the studios have never been updated as promised we have always enjoyed the general facilities and meeting other “repeaters” like ourselves. The Customer Service Manager (Pablo) continues, when you can find him, to promise facility and equipment updates that will occur just after we leave. The same promise made so many times to so many people it surely seems like a lie to placate anyone that finds him long enough to make a complaint.
This time however we had a bad experience that warrants comment and was totally ignored by management. While out of our room for about a half hour in the evening, money was taken from my purse and the room was searched presumably for more. I am aware that things sometimes “disappear” when maids enter the rooms and I am careful to lock up anything that might be construed to the staff as a tip. There was no reason for anyone to be in our room in the evening, so our guard was down. We were told by others on the beach that money had been taken from their locked room safes on more than one occasion. Not all the money was taken from anyone. Some was taken so it wouldn’t be noticed. The issue was that when we and others who experienced losses reported the robberies the staff simply didn’t care. There were no reports taken and no investigation or even notification to other guests that a problem existed. It was suggested by management that the problem was ours for leaving money in the room. Our thought was the security person we saw in the hall outside our door as we left our room should be asked about the incident. Again, nothing done.
We will not allow this incident to deter us from returning to Fisherman’s. With all its flaws it is still a wonderful place to visit. Most of the staff and the location are wonderful. BUT, we will be careful not to leave anything of value in the room or in the room safe. Since management will not protect us we will need to protect ourselves. Please you do the same.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Fishermen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Sunset Fishermen Spa And Resort
- Sunset Fishermen Playa Del Carmen
- Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen