Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$436
US$318
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$450
US$334
Agoda.com
US$689
US$669
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$635
US$463
Barcelo.com
US$414
US$344
Melia.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$710
US$383
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,076
US$553
US$873
US$448
1,158 results
All reviewsfishermen's villagetres riosactivities directormember serviceswelcome partythrough rciwalk into townall inclusive plangated communitysecond homethe wait stafffull kitchengreat beachwater aerobicsmayan ruinsbedroom suitethird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Fisherman's Village was so run down, the service so poor and the staff so rude, that I checked out in less than 24 hours! My foot was badly injured requiring an ambulance trip and over 20 stitches. I could not get to my second floor condo as I was unable to walk. Because it was a "private" rental from Max Stark no attempts were made to relocate me on a lower level that I could access. While bleeding on the beach nobody from management came to assist nor did they ever look for whatever cut my foot. The food at the restaurant was poorly prepared. We were told that it would be removed from our bill but was not. None of my money was returned and I had to rent another condo. RIP OFF!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Marie B
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We just returned from our family trip to Fisherman's Village. The staff was so friendly and got to know all of us very quickly. Jose Deib was just amazing for breakfast and lunch. The minute he saw me he would ask if I wanted my cafe latte and was so attentive to anything we might need. Anselmo was so helpful with the towels, kayaks and helping with our luggage. Ricardo and Jesus were amazing bar tenders, everything they made was so delicious! T.he activity directors Luis and David were so much fun.....water volleyball, volleyball, kids activities, water aerobics, cooking demonstrations, tequila tasting and so much more. We also had some amazing spa services from massages and facials to pedicures and manicures, Bernice was such a sweetie!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kirstie O
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind comments.
Our guest’s satisfaction is one of our main concerns at Sunset Fishermen and to read your comment inspires us to continue working hard to keep our quality and standards but most of all to continue providing the excellent service we have become known for.
It will be our pleasure to have you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

This was my 6th year at Fisherman's Village and every year I look forward to returning! The resort is small and you get to know the other guests and develop great friendships while there. The beach is the best in Playacar and is walking distance into town to eat, shop and go to night clubs or just hang by the pool or beach looking at the beautiful teal and turquoise water.
The people who work there starting with Lisette to Zach who persuaded me to upgrade my timeshare to use also at Tres Rios...now how to figure out how to use all my weeks. I am willing to sell some...I promise you won't be disappointed... contact me at lexy8480@yahoo.com
The person I look most forward to seeing every year is Luis. He makes this resort with his huge smile, outgoing and friendly personality and sincere caring for the guests! David who also was involved with activities was also very sweet! The bar tenders are great...they know how to make whatever you request!
I was anxious to see the newly remodeled rooms which apparently didn't happen.
The rooms are always clean with new linens daily...more than I can say happens at some of the US resorts I have traded my weeks for! The houskeeping staff are very nice and so eager to please. I find that is true with everyone I have encountered there.
The Italian restaurants' food this year was good and the presentation was lovely. I think I liked the "special night buffets" better than the new format for the other restaurant.
Wi-fi access and login passwords need to improve to have access in the rooms and additional login passwords for other guests in the rooms shared to access their email/texts/internet.
I can't wait to return!!! I need to figure out how to live there in Paradise! Every year is better than the next when I stay at Fisherman's!

Room Tip: I have my favorite room, I wish I could reserve it in advance every year so I don't want to share the room incase you read this and it's the same week I plan to stay there. Actually I don't think any room is bad...you can be at the pool or beach as fast as you can walk down the steps from your room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ccsepke
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My wife and I love the Fisherman's!!! All the people there are great, helpful, happy and professional. Everyone is fantastic, service is great. The people make the place heads above the rest. Every time we visit it is predictably excellent. We have brought our friends and now they know about our secret. We love the ocean view and the short little walk into town.

Both the inside and outside bartenders were great. Astrid is awesome and helpful. Marcial is professional, warm and welcoming. The activities with David are very fun as well. There are many others professionals working there that you will encounter. We are always greeted right away and have stayed in several different rooms -- all great with excellent views.

Minnesota Regulars

Room Tip: If you have kids, you may want a floor on the ground flow so they can run in and out.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wade C
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Chef Betsy has really made the dining experience enjoyable. The food is good! The wait staff is very friendly and get to know your preferences by the end of the week. We love this resort and it does feel like home away from home. We love the easy walk to 5th Ave.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest:
Thank for your kind comments.
We are glad you were able to experience Sunset Fishermen’s new gastronomic experience with Chef Betsy.
It is always our goal to cater specifically to our repeat customers and are glad to hear this came across.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.