Our two weeks stay at Fishermen's was very enjoyable. Fun seeing old friends and staff and meeting new ones. Few resorts can match the proximity to the beautiful ocean and white sandy beach. The welcome buffet helps to take away the pain of registration and the welcome party on Sunday is delightful.
Marcial, the bell man, is always so friendly and always gives us a warm greeting and he remembers our names. We always look forward to seeing him when we visit Fishermen's.
Miguel, Concierge, was very helpful in meeting our needs and always available when he was on site.
Oscar, front desk, was always very helpful and he had a great sense of humor.
Sairi, reception, always pleasant and friendly and want to help when ever we needed something.
Miguel Ojeda, member services. We now have more confidence that the room assignments and reservation system will be handled more competently. This has been one of our biggest frustrations when making reservations and getting our confirmations in a timely manner.
Gerardo and Ana, Activities staff. They did a great job in trying to please everyone with activities. They had a variety of games and forms of entertainment and attempted to reach all ages of guests that were staying at the resort. Fun people to be around.
Wait staff were all very accommodating. We especially enjoyed Rafael, Alejandro, Adan and of course Victor.
Last but not least our spa visits are one of the highlights of our trip. Reception-Noemi was very efficient and communicates very well. Luis has been giving us massages for years and he is an excellent therapist. Vicki-we enjoy her too and she is always very fun.
Some comments and suggestions: the WiFi needs to be improved in the rooms. It was nice to finally have WiFi in the rooms, but it only worked part of the time.
The upgrades in the rooms were appreciated.
The cushions on the beach lounges were nice, but there still is a battle over the umbrellas and reserving chairs not being used.
When signing on items purchased at the resort, i.e. meals, drinks, etc., they need to give the person signing a copy of the receipt at time of signing.
Most of the TV channels are in Spanish and we would appreciate a greater selection of TV stations in English.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Fishermen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Sunset Fishermen Spa And Resort
- Sunset Fishermen Playa Del Carmen
- Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen