We have owned a (fractional) time-share at Fisherman's for about 3 or 4 years and go every March and Oct. and just returned. Still LOVE the place even though some quality is sliding that we attribute to the energy directed towards Tres Rios. No more slippers or morning coffee in the rooms or safety rope around the beach. Beach is bigger than ever, but area within sand-bagged area has filled in, so swimming is exposed without any ropes to mark off the zone from boats going by. In March the winds blow most of the time, so 2'-3' waves were great fun to play in, but not ideal for swimming. Ocean was cooler than in Oct. so we passed on a day at Xel-Ha as it felt too cool to spend a whole day in the water. Wear a thin layer of cotton long sleeves at night. The F. Beach Club had no support staff or guards that we observed. Discovered fabulous beach at 28th St. on north side of Playa--one of best in the world probably.
People are still as warm and friendly as ever, but some now work at Tres full or part-time. Some new faces, fewer overall since sales staff now at Tres. We eat on side streets in town and have found only and all delightful places and food. Shop at the local Chedrouie grocery and take a cab back to F. Nearby Aviary in Playacar is $15 US, but worth it for a relaxing hour or two, especially in early morning or late day. Iguanas like the path and they will surprise you, but will try to avoid you, just let them know you are coming! Caged bird area is a bit upsetting as you and they watch their buddies flying freely overhead...The F hot tub was being totally emptied/cleaned as we were leaving, but it was nice and hot while we were there. The Spa is still wonderful, especially on the outdoor veranda with the waves crashing a few feet away, but a $10 cab ride to Tres for a massage by Vadim is still tops on our list of things to do. Our favorite Playa restaurants are Kalaka on 4th betw 10th & 15th and Yaxche in the garden for excellent Mayan cuisine at a reasonable price ($50 for 2 with app., dess, 1 drink, tip). Finally, tourism is down due to the economy, yet up as the exchange rate is $100 Mex = $15 US. Have fun! Enjoy Fisherman's!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Fishermen Spa And Resort
- Sunset Fishermen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Sunset Fishermen Playa Del Carmen
- Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen