Just got back from 1 week at Fishermen's village and I am ready to go back! The pool is wonderful with adult only hot tub. The beach is great - loved the "sand breakers" which made it better for my mom to get in the water.
The staff was very friendly except for the main manager who seemed to have a chip on his shoulder. Watch for the hook to go to Tres Rios (upgraded resort) - if you go, make sure you get as much in the bargain as possible.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable. However we asked for rooms that had all bedrooms on one floor and on the first or second floor of the complex (and told we would get them) but when we got there, our rooms were on the 3rd floor with 1 bedroom on the 4th. Very disappointing since we were traveling with my older parents.
The bartenders and wait staff were great but the all-inclusive is not worth the money. The food is OK but not that great. Preferred to go in to Playa to Ajua, Karen's, or El Fogon for dinner at night. You can go the the mini-mart at the corner of 5th avenue and get snacks, alcohol and mixers / sodas for a great price. The best part is you can walk to 5th Avenue in 15 minutes or less.
I absolutely loved the small resort. We got to know a lot of the people that were staying there which made for a lot of fun during the day at the pool. The social events were fun as well.
I would highly recommend this resort - Make sure you are in contact with the resort directly to reserve the type of room you want. The "on line" reservations are not with the resort but a service (we were told this is why we did not get the rooms we requested).
One more thing - nothing gets going in Playa until 9:00 am. If you like to get out early go down 5th avenue and find the vendors making freshed squeezed OJ - delicious!! Make sure you make it to the Blue Parrot for the fire show. And if you go to cozumel, take a day to go out on the catamaran with CozumelSailing.com
LILSISKY - Louisville, KY
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Ebookers and HRS so you can book your Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Fishermen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Sunset Fishermen Spa And Resort
- Sunset Fishermen Playa Del Carmen
- Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen