We were really looking forward to this trip because it had been 4 years since we had been back to Fisherman's as a family.
First disappointment: After spending over an hour going through customs, we had to wait another 45 minutes before the transportation from the hotel arrived. I had preplanned to have a van ready for our arrival. We arrived at the resort 3 hours after landing.
Second disappointment: Once we arrived, we were taken to a welcome buffet, given our room assignments, and told the ammenities that we would be afforded. The disappointment came when we sitting to eat our first meal of the whole day. We were told that we should go see the new Tres Rios resort. My husband and I had already seen the resort on our last trip there. I felt like we weren't allowed to decline the 'offer'.
Third dissappointment: the food. Lunch buffets are no longer offered. Dinner buffets are basically the same every night. Beef was over-cooked. Bar ran out of beer. No top shelf alcohol.
Fourth and biggest disappointment : Being misled on prices of the spa and transportation. We were told that as VIPs we would receive $30 USD off each any spa treatment. One day a special was advertised. I asked if our discount applied and was told "Yes".My daughter and I visited the spa. When the time came to pay, we were charged full price. Before we left home, I was sent an email with the prices of transportation. I paid at the resort and was told $116 was the total price for both ways. I agreed. Once I returned home, my bank statement reflects a price of $133. Only $3 was a conversion fee. We would have been better off taking a taxi both ways.
The waiters and bar tenders are wonderful! The rooms are kept very clean. The entertainment crew- Louis and Waldo- are great! We love the city of Playa de Carmen. Cozemel is a must see. We just were disappointed in the changes of the resort procedures and policies.
All in all, this is not the same resort that we used to love.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Fishermen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Sunset Fishermen Spa And Resort
- Sunset Fishermen Playa Del Carmen
- Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen