My girlfriend and I spent 4 days all inclusive at The Reef Coco last April.
This hotel gives you a card at the front desk to get towels for the beach/pool. If you loose a card you get charge 34 $ .
Only one card was given to us and so we could only get one towel, the front desk did not want to give us the missing card and wanted us to pay the 34$.
I ended up stealing a towel to get a card back, this is how stupid you have to act around those idiots.
Does it make sense to charge people for towels/card when they pay 1000$ for 4 days ?
This was the first bad experience.
As soon as we arrived, the concierge Jean Louis Picard suggested to us to go visit and use the partner hotel Coco Bay for free during a day and enjoy the nice beach over there. He forgot on purpose to tell us that behind this was a hotel room sale.
We ended up spending 3 hours with someone employed trying to sell us a 120000$ apartment for a 30 year lease in the Coco Bay hotel. I must also say that those people were aggressive and rude as we did not want to buy their apartments/studios.
We did not go to Mexico for a week to buy an apartment but just to enjoy our holidays and those people ruined our time over there.
So my advise is : Stay away from this hotel !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 30 miles south of Cancun, The Reef Cococbeach is the perfect compliment to the white sandy beaches and turquoise waters of this world renowned tropical paradise. Just a short walk from the picturesque town of Playa del Carmen, you will enjoy our personalized service, the privacy you desire in a resort destination and the entertainment of one of the best night life's the Mayan Riviera has to offer.Our location provides easy access to the many attractions the Mayan Riviera has to offer such as Playa del Carmen's famous 5th avenue, Playacar's Bird Sanctuary, Playacar Golf Club, Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Tulum and much, much more.The hotel offers 196 comfortable rooms Caribbean style, our pleasant rooms consist of one king size bed or two double beds, terrace or balcony, air conditioning, ceiling fan, mini fridge, TV,hair dryer, vanity mirror, telephone and bath room with bahttub and shower combination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Reef Coco Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Coco Bay Mexico
- Grand Coco Bay Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Riviera Maya
- The Reef Coco Beach Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen