The appeal of this resort was its proximity to 5th Ave, the bus terminal and ferry so that we could easily get around the the area and it worked out great. The resort itself is small so the walk to the pool, restaurants and lobby is short unlike the large resorts. The buffet was decent: breakfast and lunch always had a fresh fruit and or salad option if you didn't care for the hot meals. Dinners were just OK and after eating in each restaurant once, I wasn't excited to eat there again.
The room was large, the bed was comfortable. Bath towels were large and decent quality. The furniture in our room could stand to be replaced as the dresser drawers would stick and the fabric on the balcony chairs were ripped. The resort is in the process of renovation so my guess is that eventually these will be replaced.
My biggest complaint and the reason I would not return is that it is loud. I am a light sleeper and I was awoken every night by either people coming in late, people walking around above our room or by the loud talkers in the room beside us. There is just no sound proofing at all. If you are a heavy sleeper or are the one coming in at 4 a.m. then this place will be fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 30 miles south of Cancun, The Reef Cococbeach is the perfect compliment to the white sandy beaches and turquoise waters of this world renowned tropical paradise. Just a short walk from the picturesque town of Playa del Carmen, you will enjoy our personalized service, the privacy you desire in a resort destination and the entertainment of one of the best night life's the Mayan Riviera has to offer.Our location provides easy access to the many attractions the Mayan Riviera has to offer such as Playa del Carmen's famous 5th avenue, Playacar's Bird Sanctuary, Playacar Golf Club, Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Tulum and much, much more.The hotel offers 196 comfortable rooms Caribbean style, our pleasant rooms consist of one king size bed or two double beds, terrace or balcony, air conditioning, ceiling fan, mini fridge, TV,hair dryer, vanity mirror, telephone and bath room with bahttub and shower combination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Reef Coco Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Coco Bay Mexico
- Grand Coco Bay Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Riviera Maya
- The Reef Coco Beach Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen