Stayed at the Reef Coco Beach May 17-24. First of all check in was very quick. All the staff is very friendly. Rooms are clean, but bed was too hard for me, but like a soft bed. The rooms are in need of some TLC, some loose tiles, missing grout, paint chips etc. but rooms were kept clean, and since I'm not in my room a lot, it was ok. The workers are cleaning the pool area all day and into the night to keep it clean.
We upgraded to the premium package to get the Mexican Restaurant included and the premium liquors and beer. The premium liquors were good but the resort needs to have at least one premium beer, which they really didn't. The buffet was great for breakfast. A lot of fresh fruit options, eggs made to order at the omelette station, as well as many other choices. Lunch buffet was ok to good.. I only did the dinner buffet 2 times, it was ok. The Mexican and Italian restaurants were good, but not great. The service everywhere was excellent. The workers were pleasant, helpful, and generally very enjoyable to be around.
This is an inexpensive all inclusive, it is not a 5 star resort. Some spots are run down and in great need of renovation. The entertainment was scheduled for 8:00 PM which was a little early if you were having a nice dinner but we made a few of them. They were ok at best, they tried hard.
Overall we had a very great time, and I would have given the resort 4 stars, but since I've gotten home I've had some stomach issues for 5 days now, and so did others in my party. Luckily it didn't start until after I got home. That reduced it to a 3 star,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 30 miles south of Cancun, The Reef Cococbeach is the perfect compliment to the white sandy beaches and turquoise waters of this world renowned tropical paradise. Just a short walk from the picturesque town of Playa del Carmen, you will enjoy our personalized service, the privacy you desire in a resort destination and the entertainment of one of the best night life's the Mayan Riviera has to offer.Our location provides easy access to the many attractions the Mayan Riviera has to offer such as Playa del Carmen's famous 5th avenue, Playacar's Bird Sanctuary, Playacar Golf Club, Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Tulum and much, much more.The hotel offers 196 comfortable rooms Caribbean style, our pleasant rooms consist of one king size bed or two double beds, terrace or balcony, air conditioning, ceiling fan, mini fridge, TV,hair dryer, vanity mirror, telephone and bath room with bahttub and shower combination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Reef Coco Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Coco Bay Mexico
- Grand Coco Bay Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Riviera Maya
- The Reef Coco Beach Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen