I thought , after our third stay at Playa Maya, that I would find someplace else I liked better by virtue of location, etc. Well, I talked to several people and looked around a lot over the last three years and no one could tell me anything to make me think there is a better place for me. This is absolutely the biggest bang for the buck if you want a great location AND beachfront. We now plan on making our once a year trip into a twice a year trip. What I miss most upon returning home is the wonderful (included) breakfast every morning under the palapa, toes in the sand, listening to the waves. Following breakfast we enjoyed the complementary (and comfy) beach loungers with and without an umbrella while watching the beautiful Caribbean and people strolling by. One of the strengths of this place is the staff. The same wonderful people are there to serve you year after year. The service is always friendly, professional and efficient. Our room (301) was similar to other rooms we've had there. It was spacious, spotless and has everything you need. There is ample cabinet and drawer space for storage. Even our luggage was tucked-away and out of sight. There are 80ish cable channels on the wall-mounted flat screen TV. Most are in Spanish but several have English sub-titles and a few are in English. There's a mini-fridge for beer, water, etc. The room safe gave us some piece of mind, but really this a very safe place. There is only one way in and out and there is always someone there to see who is coming in and going out. We took a day trip and came back 10 hour later to discover we had not completely closed our room door. NOTHING was missing. Thanks to all the staff for another great vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Maya is right on the beach and centrally located, just 1 block from 5th Avenue, the heart of activity in Playa del Carmen. Our unusual off-street location and beach-only entrance make us a very tranquil base from which our guests can easily explore all the shopping & nightlife of Playa, along with the other wonders of the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Playa Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen