My girlfriend and I have been visiting Playa since 2006. The first years, 2006 and 2007, we stayed at the big resorts. They were ok since we really didn't know the area well. In 2007 we started exploring the downtown hotels, and with the help of Tripadvisor, we found the Playa Maya.
Our first stay was in 2008, and from the start we knew we had made the right decision. The location is great, the staff is super friendly, rooms are spacious, and the ocean is right outside the door. We always stay in the Jr. Suite with kitchenette. We also like that a nice breakfast is included with the room. What we really like is that the staff has remained pretty much the same throughout our visits. It's nice to see familiar faces. Everyone is so nice and helpful. We're looking forward to our 6th stay in a row March of 2013. The Playa Maya is definitely the best small downtown hotel in Playa.We look forward to returning every year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Maya is right on the beach and centrally located, just 1 block from 5th Avenue, the heart of activity in Playa del Carmen. Our unusual off-street location and beach-only entrance make us a very tranquil base from which our guests can easily explore all the shopping & nightlife of Playa, along with the other wonders of the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Playa Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen