This is my second stay at Playa Maya...and will not be my last! What you read in the reviews is true. The pleasant staff and outstanding on-the-beach location can not be beat. If you are looking for an ultra luxurious place, then Playa Maya is not for you. If you are looking for a fun place where the people treat you well, very quiet during the evening, then Playa Maya is your kind of place. The staff here actually cares for their guests and it shows. Oh, the Playa Maya restaurant is a nice touch!
Downsides: no elevators to the upper floors, the pool area is very limited, towels are limited, the AC is turned off after the room is cleaned so the room is HUMID when you return, the small size limits amenities, can be difficult to locate on an initial visit, the AC and hot water heater can rattle. These things may actually add to the character of the place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Maya is right on the beach and centrally located, just 1 block from 5th Avenue, the heart of activity in Playa del Carmen. Our unusual off-street location and beach-only entrance make us a very tranquil base from which our guests can easily explore all the shopping & nightlife of Playa, along with the other wonders of the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Playa Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen