Our week at the Playa Maya was better than we ever expected. The staff was attentive, friendly and always professional. Our room was immaculate, we are both VERY picky about cleanliness, and we were unable to find any area of the room that wasn't spotless. We stayed in room 302, we had an amazing view, and we enjoyed a lot of time on the balcony. In the morning, we enjoyed coffee on the beach, served by the friendly staff. We ordered the coconut shrimp, which I must say was AMAZING!! As were the taco's and nacho's. We didn't have a single menu item that we didn't fully enjoy, but the shrimp was our favourite. We enjoyed being on the beach, and close to Fifth Ave. The Playa Maya is also walking distance to the Walmart which was very convenient for stocking our fridge with snacks for the day. We are already planning our next visit to the Playa Maya. Our only negative experience was the music from the nightclub up the beach. Fortunately it was only played on the weekend, and it was turned off at a reasonable hour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Maya is right on the beach and centrally located, just 1 block from 5th Avenue, the heart of activity in Playa del Carmen. Our unusual off-street location and beach-only entrance make us a very tranquil base from which our guests can easily explore all the shopping & nightlife of Playa, along with the other wonders of the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Playa Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen