My (now) husband and I (and our daughters and extended families) stayed at Playa Maya for our destination wedding, and Playa Maya also hosted our wedding reception (right on the beach). We had such an amazing stay. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the perfect size for my husband and I and two young daughters. (We stayed in the Jr. Suite w/ Kitchenette.) The breakfasts were abundant and scrumptious. The service was impeccable. Of course, it doesn't hurt that Playa Maya is right on the beach! Everyone had such positive things to say about our time at Playa Maya. There's no question we will stay at Playa Maya when we come to Playa del Carmen, and I can't imagine going anywhere else.
The wedding reception dinner was beautiful. The staff went over and beyond and decorated the tables and palapa. It was an intimate and romantic setting. Many of our guests commented on how delicious the food was and several people said it was the best food they had ever eaten at a wedding reception. We had the time of our life and will forever remember the event fondly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Maya is right on the beach and centrally located, just 1 block from 5th Avenue, the heart of activity in Playa del Carmen. Our unusual off-street location and beach-only entrance make us a very tranquil base from which our guests can easily explore all the shopping & nightlife of Playa, along with the other wonders of the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Playa Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen