I would recommend Playa Maya to anyone visiting Riviera Maya. I learned several years ago how much more interesting it is to stay in a small hotel in Playa del Carmen rather than a generic all inclusive resort but my kids (21, 19, 13) were not convinced. That is until we crossed the short distance of beach and entered Playa Maya. They loved it from that moment on. The hotel itself is clean and very nice. The staff are great and the beach is the place to be. The included breakfast selections are ample and all of the food is very good.The location relative to 5th avenue, the ferry area, 12th (where the bars are), etc can't be beat. The other amazing thing is that it is quiet! That is hard to accomplish that close to 5th Ave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Maya is right on the beach and centrally located, just 1 block from 5th Avenue, the heart of activity in Playa del Carmen. Our unusual off-street location and beach-only entrance make us a very tranquil base from which our guests can easily explore all the shopping & nightlife of Playa, along with the other wonders of the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Playa Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen