We stayed at Playa Maya the first week of February. This was our third time. What makes this hotel so special is the family atmosphere. The entire staff does their best to make your stay enjoyable. I attribute this to the management provided by Delmy and Steve. When you talk to the emplyees they tell you that they really enjoy working there. This year the beach had recently been expanded and was much deeper than other years. The fish tacos are the best I have had anywhere. The location is perfect for an easy walk to restaurants and night life on 5th avenue, and the hotel is quiet at night, making it easy to get a good night's rest. It is a great place to flush your mind of life's stresses.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Maya is right on the beach and centrally located, just 1 block from 5th Avenue, the heart of activity in Playa del Carmen. Our unusual off-street location and beach-only entrance make us a very tranquil base from which our guests can easily explore all the shopping & nightlife of Playa, along with the other wonders of the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Playa Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen