I selected Playa Maya to celebrate my 50th birthday based on the reviews of this website. And I wasn't disappointed. It really has it all... large, clean rooms with great views of the beach at an affordable price point. And if that wasn't enough, you get friendly and efficient service, a wonderful beachside restaurant, and a terrific location.
To celebrate my birthday, I brought along my partner, 8 other gay men, and 2 straight women. I was a little worried how we would be received since this isn't considered a gay hotel. But we were treated with the same great respect as all of the other reviewers had highlighted. (Actually, better than at some gay-owned hotels.)
Playa Maya really had all of my boxes checked. It's directly on the beach and a short walk to restaurants and shopping. And finally, there is nothing better than having your own cushioned chaise lounge on the beach (step away from your room) and a margarita at your side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Maya is right on the beach and centrally located, just 1 block from 5th Avenue, the heart of activity in Playa del Carmen. Our unusual off-street location and beach-only entrance make us a very tranquil base from which our guests can easily explore all the shopping & nightlife of Playa, along with the other wonders of the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Playa Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen