“Great Honeymoon!!!!!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Toledo, Ohio, United States
“Great Honeymoon!!!!!!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at Secrets Capri from 9/30/13-10/6/13 for our honeymoon. We were greeted with champagne and hot towels by hotel staff. Check-in was quick and easy. The only negative thing, which isn't even really negative was that we were hoping for a room upgrade. Our travel agent told us that if the hotel knew it was our honeymoon we would probably get one. But we didn't. Our room was located on the first floor facing some trees. Anyways, the room was beautiful and clean. There was a bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room! Housekeeping was wonderful. They also have a turndown service every night. Which isn't necessary, but it's a nice touch.

We spent most of our time in the pool at the swim-up bar, where we met a lot of great people! The bartenders are wonderful. The activities crew were energetic day and night! They work very long hours, but you would never know it! They always have smiles on their faces and lots of energy. Denisse was my favorite! The resort puts on some great entertainment in the evenings. The Rock show was awesome!!!! The Fiesta was also a lot of fun, with lots of great food!

The food was wonderful!!!!! We hit the breakfast buffet everyday. For lunch we usually ate at the pool. They cooked burgers, hotdogs, pasta, etc. which was nice and convenient if you didn't feel like getting dressed to go to a restaurant. We ate at all five restaurants for dinner. Every meal was delicious! My only food complaint was the crab cakes at the Seaside grill. Don't get them! They looked and tasted like tofu. There was no crab located in this appetizer!

I can't say enough good things about Secrets Capri! The staff goes above and beyond to make sure your having a good time. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The bar and dance club are located in the middle of the property right off the pool and they don'...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,361)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Woodbury, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Everything about this vacation was great. The people were all friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Rooms were always clean, the food great and the entertainment staff wonderful. Would definately go back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Exeter, CA
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We looked at hundreds of reviews and decided on Secrets Capri. Everything was just like the reviews and pics. Vacation is what you make it... There may have been a few cosmetic things that need repaired but they are constantly working on the grounds and cleaning. Everything was immaculate, the food was great. They will try to schedule you for a time share breakfast but I said we were not interested she asked why, I explained we were on vacation and weren't interested and they dropped it.

Staff... I cannot say enough about how great the staff was. Everyone was friendly and hard working. We got spoiled there. Have to put a few shout outs...

Moises at Coco cafe (coffee house) was my favorite. He always remembered my name and my Mulata with a little whipped cream (mocha frappachino). Juan at the pool bar was awesome giving us every drink known to man, and busting his butt all day long. All of the entertainment crew was great, but Stephanie was our favorite. Ximena was our favourite hostess at multiple restaurants. We ate at the Cactus club for lunch almost every day, you can go in swim wear and wet, so it was nice with a great view. All of the restaurants were good. We tried room service once, and the food was a little cold... It was ok... That was our worst experience ... Food was a little cold and was just ok.... Worst experience.. lol.... I am home and keep looking around for someone to walk up and say would you like anything to eat or drink, it's my pleasure.... But no luck on my couch just yet.

I would recommend this resort to anyone. Definitely a great bang for your buck. The service was fantastic and makes this resort a great vacation stop.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank redster1973
McGaheysville, Virginia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This was our third trip to Secrets Capri, the last was 5 years ago. First, the negatives... The resort is showing some wear, there were towels all over the floors due to the roof leaking and we sometimes felt drips coming from the ceilings in the public areas. The gardens had a lot of weeds and some outside areas were not kept free of trash. The food has gone downhill as well. Although breakfast was delicious and we did find some good lunch options, for the most part the dinners were not very good and a couple were actually inedible. And the positives...the sushi at Himitsu was excellent. Drinks were very good with a large selection of liquor. Beds were comfortable and room AC worked well.The nightly shows were hilarious; the entertainment staff does a great job. By far the best part of this resort is the employees, especially Juan at the pool bar, Arturo the manager at Himitsu, Stephanie and Jonathan from entertainment, Oscar the sushi chef, and Lucero at the lobby bar. Really everyone was very nice and treated us like royalty, these employees really stood out though.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter. We were "upgraded" to an ocean view room and were pre...
1 Thank jerseyinva
Springfield, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Firstly, this is a beautiful resort! (We stayed Sept 27-Oct 4 2013)It shows some signs of wear, but I believe only to the discerning eye (I'm an interiors consultant). Otherwise, the buildings and grounds are clean and beautifully maintained. The staff seems to work diligently on the maintenance of this place and it shows!

Let's get the major negative out of the way though! Leading up to my trip, I definitely read the reviews about leaky ceilings, so I sort of expected it. I have to say that our particular room (424) had no leaks whatsoever, but we did meet a couple who did have a major leak when it rained. According to them, the leak was repaired promptly. Based upon all the reviews, this seems to be the major complaint. If I were one of the 'powers that be' I would replace the roof. Had we stayed in a 'leaky' room, I would have taken away 1 or 2 stars to be honest! Otherwise, our room was beautiful: 4th floor, gorgeous oceanview, spacious, balcony with table and 2 chairs and quiet. The bed was also very comfortable.

The staff definitely, definitely makes this place what it is! I planned a surprise vow renewal for my husband during our vacation, and Gabriela, the wedding coordinator, definitely set the precedent for what was to come when we arrived. She helped me keep the entire ceremony a secret and her communication with me as far as detail planning was prompt and top-notch! She definitely helped my ceremony to be what I desired it to be and it turned out beautifully!!

The bartenders at all of the bars were great. Virginia was particularly wonderful at the lobby bar! I spent most of the time at the swim-up bar however, so I would love to especially thank Juan, Briscio, Paola and Manuel for all of the attention that they paid to my husband and I! You guys are extremely hard working! Juan and Briscio were my favorites! They always had a smile and a love for their job that showed! I won't forget them!

Housekeeping was great! I believe we started with Socorro who did a wonderful job each day. The room was cleaned twice daily and turn-down service was awesome! We received champagne, a fruit tray and rose petals on the bed on our anniversary evening and again the evening before we left. The towel animals each night were also a nice touch! Also someone brought our clothes in from the balcony when it rained one of the days and hung them so nicely in the bathroom to dry. Please tip housekeeping! I can't imagine what they have to clean up some days!

My favorite part of this vacation was the Entertainment Staff!! They know how to have fun, and most importantly, know how to make you feel comfortable having fun with them! They are all wonderful, they love their jobs and they definitely earn whatever they make, probably deserving of more! I have to say my favorites were Jonathon, Jorge and Kahana--I definitely miss them already--but everyone else is amazing too!! Stephanie needs to bottle her energy and sell it, Denise is very sweet and helpful, Alejandro, Victor and Alberto are also lots of fun as well! I am forgetting one of the ladies, but she was very sweet as well (her name begins with an F--my apologies!!) I will definitely plan a return trip to this resort, and the entertainment staff is a major reason why!! Keep up the great work guys!!

The food is great! The breakfast buffet was a favorite, particularly Rita at the omelette station. I believe our favorite dinner restaurant was Seaside Grill. My husband and I both had steaks which were very flavorful and tasty, however the meal from beginning to end here was awesome. The scenery didn't hurt either! Second runner up would have to be Portofino-the Italian restaurant! Yummy! Overall, there is no lack of places to eat here! You can definitely find something that suits your particular tastes! Even the 2 AM room service we ordered one evening was yummy!

Overall, as I have stated this is a wonderful resort! It is small and a little more intimate than some, but I loved that aspect! I think it lends to the superior attention and service that you receive! You can sort of tailor your vacation to what you would like it to be, and the staff makes it easy for you to do so. We will definitely be back!!

2 Thank JFrenchJohnson
Poole, Dorset, UK
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

As a travel agent I have been lucky enough to travel to some amazing places and stay in some great hotels and Secrets Capri Riviera was no exception. From the moment you arrive you feel at home. The rooms are spacious and have great bathrooms and the complimentary wifi available throughout the resort is a great touch. The food is one of the resorts best selling points. The quality of food the obvious high standards of food preparation and the sheer selection is just fabulous. I love that you can eat in all the fine dining restaurants at no further charge. The amount of food is good too, portion sizes are sensible and you can usually always manage 3 courses. The entertainment staff are a real asset to the hotel. They are not at all pushy but extremely friendly and you can't help joining in the fun. Holding Spanish lessons and cooking classes is a nice touch too. There really is no negative points I can make about this resort. If you want a high quality all inclusive resort with no kids than look no further.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Worldlytraveller2009
Windsor, Colorado
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We visited twice this year. First at the end of April for four days and then at the end of July for six days.
Both times were excellent and as always the staff was the reason.
If you have read my previous reviews for Capri you know how much we enjoy coming here and how wonderful the staff truly is. The trip in July was our seventh trip to Capri. I can assure you it won't be our last as we plan to return every year. One of the main things i can tell you is to seriously take the time to interact with the staff. They really are special people who want to make your time here the bset it can be. We stayed in the ocean view side and we really enjoy it. I honestly can't say that there is a bad room in this place. We ahve stayed on both sides, ground level, upper level and the rooms were all nice. The tropical side bviously is cheaper because it does only have view of the grounds and it is warmer on that side but we enjoyed it the first we came here. The concierges Jose Luis and Rolando went out of their way again by putting us close tou our friends who traveld with us both trips and for helping us with not only the rooms but dinners as well.
The food is really amzing but as i have said before keep in mind the types of resturaunts and meals you go to. Buffets are buffets. It is good however and try something new. you might be surprised. We really enjoy Himitsu and Portofino. We really ahd a wonderful time at Himitsu the past two times. One of our favorite waiters, Carlos, was there and he took good care of us. The last trip Jose put us in the private room at Portofino and we really enjoyed it. The past two trips however we really enjoyed and took advantage of eating at the Cactus Club (seaside). Great lunch.
We enjoy going to the Desires bar each night as the entertainment staff always have somthing going on and the bar staff at night are juste exceptional. The new coofee bar area is great and again the staff up there and at the lobby bar are really wonderful.
I honestly cannot say enough good about this place. We just love it and plan to retunr every opportunity we get.
The last trip which was at the end of July we even just sat one day in the obbly area for several hours having drinks and visitng with all the staff we saw. Each and every one of them came over and asked us how we were, glad to see us again and jsut pplan visit. That's one of the best things we enjoy is that the staff remeber us and look forward to seeing us again.
I really want to thank everyoen of them for two wonderfl trips.

Special note here: the trip we took in April was cut short for me and my wife due to a medical emergency back home with my father. The night staff helped us tremendously by geting us checked out alomost instantly, had a cab waitng to take us to the airport at 3am and then several of the staff actually contacted us over the next couple of days to see how we were doing and if my father was ok. That to me says alot about the character of that hotel and there staff. That alone guaruntees my return. So thank yout Secrets Capri.

I have to really thank however Rolando, Jose-Luis, Elliseo, Luis, Quetzel, Augustine, Laura, Virginia, Mariel, Daniel, Lucero, Stephanie, Beatrice, Carlos, Jonatan and the rest of the staff for again making our visits worth it.

Room Tip: Ocean view is more but worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
Magic Blue Hotel
Magic Blue Hotel
#58 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hot...
#47 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Royal Hideaway Playacar
Royal Hideaway Playacar
#33 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
#4 of 25 in Puerto Morelos

Been to Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!