“awesome place to be for Honeymoon !!!!”

Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
Ranked #39 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We enjoyed staying in this resort for our honeymoon. The room we stayed in was an ocean view side #522. Really like the fact that the room service was above our expectations, they were cleaning the room every time we were going somewhere and turn down service before we go to sleep. I also like the open space in the room and the marble bathroom with surround sound and the jet tub. The six restaurants were excellent and different cuisine to choose from. Delicious meals were offered for the dinner and during the day was a really big verity of food in the buffet. All the personnel was very friendly and helpful so that helped alot . we would highly recomand this place to anyone and specially for honeymooners since its very romantic, not overcrowded and reasonable in price.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luke K
There are newer reviews for Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed at Secrets Capri Riviera from 15th Sept thru to 29th Sept. Unexpectedly travelled on my own, so had many reservations as I've never been on holiday singularly before. From the time of arrival thru to the end of my holiday I was made to feel a special guest by every staff member I came across ,still cannot believe how many there actually were ,never waiting for anything other than perhaps a table at some of the wonderful restaurants at peak times ,but that was no great problem. The storms in the first few days were horrendous and unfortunately my room became wet & uninhabitable ,I was immediately given another but the house keeper refused as she felt this room was also suffering from damp. Back again to the Concierge desk who listened to my problem & took me to the Reservations Staff. They couldn't have been more apologetic & helpful, sorting an upgraded room & personally escorting me there, then offering to help me pack and transfer my luggage at my convenience.
I cannot praise the hotel & staff enough although the hotel could do with a bit of T L C this was more than compensated for by the wonderful food , entertainment & facility's in general, there being plenty of sun beds & towels.
The entertainments team of which Steff ,Debbs & the Lads were it seemed on hand 24 / 7 to keep the guests entertained were absolutely magnificent in their manner & enthusiasm ,I don't think I've ever experienced such keenness & professionalism ,they made an offer to guests to share in & join in the activities but without any unwelcomed pressure. Something for every body including the evening shows which were great.
To have met staff with such dedication & warmth was a pleasure & indeed made the holiday, people like Victor , Jeorge in La Riviera Rita & her great omelettes ,Leanora who looked after my evening drinks , Angel at the Cactus club, Walter of the Spa desk and a very Special lady at the first Concierge desk who kept sorting my Wi Fi & other minor issues. The Restaurant Captains always smiling & helpful ,bartenders and the magnificent waiters on the beach & around the pool. Room maids & turn down ,where you all get your energy from ,amazed me.
I still don't know how all these staff can be employed ,the entertainment & the superb cuisine choices ,quality of the rooms with the lovely comfy beds & toiletries can all come out of the price I paid. Will certainly not keep Secrets Capri a secret back at home & I cant wait to return soon. Thank you for making my first holiday to Mexico & your hotel so special .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 39Len
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This was our 3rd trip to this resort and we still really love the resort! They just added more huts to the beach and that is GREAT! Now let me say this it did NOT rain at all during our trip so I have no idea if the roof leaks are fixed or not? But I can tell you that all the employees we encountered where great. The 3 that made our trip are Oscar on the Beach, Raymond at the Steak House and Laura in the lobby bar. All of them went out of their way to make our trip great. This is the one thing that will keep us coming back. Now we have been to a lot of really nice places in Mexico and Jamaica. Some of them had better food or beaches but for the price and for the people this hotel is in a tie for #1 in Mexico for us! We used Mitch at Tripguy.com and he is great. He will listen to your needs and point you in the right direction but still give you choices to pick from! This was our 4th trip using him in a year and I highly recommend you contact him.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CrazyRoxanne
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This was such a great place to stay. My husband and I were referred to Secrets Capri by our travel agent and had no complaints at all. The hotel and grounds were beautiful as well as the beach. I cannot say enough about the entertainment team. Stephanie, jonathan, alejandro, victor, jorge & denise were nothing but friendly and always making the activities very enjoyable & fun. Juan, the pool bartender was so friendly and made fantastic drinks. (I recommend the "sexy capri & the "mexican iceberg") We enjoyed a couples massage and hydrotherapy at the spa as well which was wonderful. I would definetly refer my friends and stay here again given the chance!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the bottom floor that faced the pool. We could just walk out our sliding door and be in...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at Secrets Capri from 9/30/13-10/6/13 for our honeymoon. We were greeted with champagne and hot towels by hotel staff. Check-in was quick and easy. The only negative thing, which isn't even really negative was that we were hoping for a room upgrade. Our travel agent told us that if the hotel knew it was our honeymoon we would probably get one. But we didn't. Our room was located on the first floor facing some trees. Anyways, the room was beautiful and clean. There was a bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room! Housekeeping was wonderful. They also have a turndown service every night. Which isn't necessary, but it's a nice touch.

We spent most of our time in the pool at the swim-up bar, where we met a lot of great people! The bartenders are wonderful. The activities crew were energetic day and night! They work very long hours, but you would never know it! They always have smiles on their faces and lots of energy. Denisse was my favorite! The resort puts on some great entertainment in the evenings. The Rock show was awesome!!!! The Fiesta was also a lot of fun, with lots of great food!

The food was wonderful!!!!! We hit the breakfast buffet everyday. For lunch we usually ate at the pool. They cooked burgers, hotdogs, pasta, etc. which was nice and convenient if you didn't feel like getting dressed to go to a restaurant. We ate at all five restaurants for dinner. Every meal was delicious! My only food complaint was the crab cakes at the Seaside grill. Don't get them! They looked and tasted like tofu. There was no crab located in this appetizer!

I can't say enough good things about Secrets Capri! The staff goes above and beyond to make sure your having a good time. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The bar and dance club are located in the middle of the property right off the pool and they don'...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Everything about this vacation was great. The people were all friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Rooms were always clean, the food great and the entertainment staff wonderful. Would definately go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We looked at hundreds of reviews and decided on Secrets Capri. Everything was just like the reviews and pics. Vacation is what you make it... There may have been a few cosmetic things that need repaired but they are constantly working on the grounds and cleaning. Everything was immaculate, the food was great. They will try to schedule you for a time share breakfast but I said we were not interested she asked why, I explained we were on vacation and weren't interested and they dropped it.

Staff... I cannot say enough about how great the staff was. Everyone was friendly and hard working. We got spoiled there. Have to put a few shout outs...

Moises at Coco cafe (coffee house) was my favorite. He always remembered my name and my Mulata with a little whipped cream (mocha frappachino). Juan at the pool bar was awesome giving us every drink known to man, and busting his butt all day long. All of the entertainment crew was great, but Stephanie was our favorite. Ximena was our favourite hostess at multiple restaurants. We ate at the Cactus club for lunch almost every day, you can go in swim wear and wet, so it was nice with a great view. All of the restaurants were good. We tried room service once, and the food was a little cold... It was ok... That was our worst experience ... Food was a little cold and was just ok.... Worst experience.. lol.... I am home and keep looking around for someone to walk up and say would you like anything to eat or drink, it's my pleasure.... But no luck on my couch just yet.

I would recommend this resort to anyone. Definitely a great bang for your buck. The service was fantastic and makes this resort a great vacation stop.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank redster1973
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
Magic Blue Hotel
Magic Blue Hotel
#52 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hot...
#40 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun
Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun
#6 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
Barcelo Maya Caribe
Barcelo Maya Caribe
#12 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras

Been to Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!