Where to start, spent a wonderful 10 days at Secrets Capri. We were a little cautious about going to the resort after the mixed reviews, but as soon as we arrived we knew everything would be ok. We arrived after the 3pm checking time so went straight into our rooms which after travelling for over 13hrs was great. We found our feet and way round resort and then settled in for a lovely dinner at the seafood restaurant, yes there was a bit of a wait, but armed with buzzer we headed off for a few drinks in the bar, and didn't have to wait longer than 30 mins. There were no problems getting sun beds by the pool the whole 10days we were there, umbrellas are a bit short in supply but it doesn't help that people who moving them to just between their 2 beds instead of the 4 beds they are put between and its a great way to start chatting to other guests.
Entertainment at the hotel is excellent the guys (Al and Jonathon in particular) work hard all day and night to keep guests entertained, you can do as much or as little as you like and they leave you alone if you are not interested, we had great fun watching some of the antics they got up to... Well done guys.
The food is good and at some restaurants is excellent our favourite was Portofinos but sampled them all and no compliants from us. Drinks were fine, the wine served was good, did not see the point in buying the bottles from the wine cellar option. The staff work really hard to make sure you enjoy your holiday a couple that stood out was Laura in the Lobby bar we looked forward to talking to her, she always had a smile, another was Perla at Portofions.
Our room was kept clean and tidy, we did encounter a bit of a musty smell when you 1st go into the room but that soon disappears and to be fair we where not in the room that much. Make sure you put your DND light on otherwise you tend to get disturbed by the cleaning staff.
Loved Mexico, loved this resort, Loved Adults only gives you the break that you need.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun, a proud unlimited luxury resort has received special recognition from the esteemed readers of Condé Nast Traveler Magazine in Mexico and AAA as a Four Diamond Award resort. Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun was awarded the Best for Romance and Best Luxury-World by the 2008 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards. Only TripAdvisor's hotel awards represent the opinions of millions of travelers. The winners were determined by a combination of the highest traveler ratings and the TripAdvisor Popularity Index, a measurement of overall traveler satisfaction. Situated five minutes from exciting Playa del Carmen and a short 35-minute drive south of Cancun International Airport, the world's second largest barrier reef lies just offshore, while underground rivers, caves and jungles lure adventure-lovers. Bordered by sugar-white beaches and the brilliant, crystal clear Caribbean Sea, this Preferred Club, Unlimited-Luxury, adults-only oasis truly embraces beauty and splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Mayan Riviera
- Secrets Cancun
- Secrets Capri Riviera Maya
- Secrets Hotel
- Secret Hotel
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Secrets Playa Del Carmen
- Riviera Cancun
- Hotel Secret
- Capri Riviera Cancun