I stayed at the Secrets Capri for my honeymoon. We were married at the Iberostar Tucan which is about a 30 minute car ride from Secrets. By far the best part about Secrets is the food. I could not get enough. My husband and I sometimes ate 4-5 meals a day as well as room service because it was so phenomenal.
The beach was terrible. The beach at the Iberostar where we got married was crystal clear blue waters and one of the prettiest beaches I had ever seen. 30 minutes down the road at Secrets you had ugly, brown, cloudy water and seaweed. I was extremely disappointed by the beach.
The pool was very nice, however. It did rain every day we were there so it was hard to enjoy it, but I would have spent a lot of time in the pool had it been sunny and nice.
Overall I did enjoy my stay at Secrets because of the food and the upscale decor. The lobby was very nice although it reminded me of a Ritz Carlton which is a bit stuffy for me. There was not a whole lot of entertainment options at Secrets, although we did attend a comedy show one evening. Older people pretty much dominated the hotel, although there were quite a few honeymooners as well.
I did not find Secrets as enjoyable as the Iberostar Tucan, and the Tucan was about half the price. I am glad I did spend my honeymoon there rather than the Tucan due to the fact that you didn't have lots of families around at Secrets. Overall it was an enjoyable experience but I would not recommend it for young couples or anyone looking for a great beach vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun, a proud unlimited luxury resort has received special recognition from the esteemed readers of Condé Nast Traveler Magazine in Mexico and AAA as a Four Diamond Award resort. Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun was awarded the Best for Romance and Best Luxury-World by the 2008 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards. Only TripAdvisor's hotel awards represent the opinions of millions of travelers. The winners were determined by a combination of the highest traveler ratings and the TripAdvisor Popularity Index, a measurement of overall traveler satisfaction. Situated five minutes from exciting Playa del Carmen and a short 35-minute drive south of Cancun International Airport, the world's second largest barrier reef lies just offshore, while underground rivers, caves and jungles lure adventure-lovers. Bordered by sugar-white beaches and the brilliant, crystal clear Caribbean Sea, this Preferred Club, Unlimited-Luxury, adults-only oasis truly embraces beauty and splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelbag, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Mayan Riviera
- Secrets Cancun
- Secrets Capri Riviera Maya
- Secrets Hotel
- Secret Hotel
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Secrets Playa Del Carmen
- Riviera Cancun
- Hotel Secret
- Capri Riviera Cancun