We booked our honeymoon through a travel agent so of course she is only going to say good things about the location but I researched myself. I read several reviews on Trip Advisor about Secrets Capri and the trip definitely lived up to it's expectations. The resort was beautiful, clean and the staff was there for whatever you wanted. I have never been to an all-inclusive so it took a little while to get used to getting up from the table and leaving without a bill. The other guests were very friendly and we meet some great new friends. Jorge, the bartender at the pool, was the best. I can't say enough good things about Secrets Capri and I will definitely plan on returning to this resort and/or another Secrets property in the future.
The only thing that was a bummer but was a very minor one, it the fruit wasn't as fresh as I wad hoping but I got over that pretty quickly with everything else to property had to offer. The reps that you purchase excursions from are a little overbearing but they are not employees of the hotel and it is a little expected. We went deep sea fishing one day and the rep told us is was a great time to go for sail fish and that everyone was catching stuff now but once we got there, the captain of the ship said it was slow season and out of 6 boats, only 4 sail fish were caught. A little disappointing. We also went to Chichen Itza and were told it was a 2.5 - 3 hour drive but it was really 4 hours after picking up everyone at other resorts which made it a 13 hour day. The ruins were beautiful and the cenote was amazing so it made up for it. If you want to see ruins, I would recommend a half day trip to Tulum.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun, a proud unlimited luxury resort has received special recognition from the esteemed readers of Condé Nast Traveler Magazine in Mexico and AAA as a Four Diamond Award resort. Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun was awarded the Best for Romance and Best Luxury-World by the 2008 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards. Only TripAdvisor's hotel awards represent the opinions of millions of travelers. The winners were determined by a combination of the highest traveler ratings and the TripAdvisor Popularity Index, a measurement of overall traveler satisfaction. Situated five minutes from exciting Playa del Carmen and a short 35-minute drive south of Cancun International Airport, the world's second largest barrier reef lies just offshore, while underground rivers, caves and jungles lure adventure-lovers. Bordered by sugar-white beaches and the brilliant, crystal clear Caribbean Sea, this Preferred Club, Unlimited-Luxury, adults-only oasis truly embraces beauty and splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Mayan Riviera
- Secrets Cancun
- Secrets Capri Riviera Maya
- Secrets Hotel
- Secret Hotel
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Secrets Playa Del Carmen
- Riviera Cancun
- Hotel Secret
- Capri Riviera Cancun