My boyfriend and I took our first vacation together to Secrets Capri on a recommendation by two girlfriends of mine. They both expressed that this was their favorite vacation spot that they had even taken in Mexico or the Caribbean (even better than each of their honeymoons!). Well, they were absolutely right. The hotel was amazing, the staff was friendly and courteous, the food was delicious, the pool and beach were beautiful and relaxing. Our room was smack dab in the middle on the top floor and had a sweet view of the pool, beach and ocean - #536, I'd highly recommend.
There are a coupe of negative I would have to include. One is that you may want to get reservations a littler earlier in the evening as we had to wait about an hour for a table on two nights. This was probably our fault because we were enjoying ourselves so much during the day that we didn't think to stop and get ready for dinner until about 7pm. The other negative is the 'window' between the bathroom and the bedroom. Remember how this was our first vacation together??!! Well, we certainly became a bit closer and less shy after a week of "sharing" the bathroom.
Other than that, it was a wonderful vacation. Oh, and I totally recommend taking advantage of the private nighttime dinner on the beach - very romantic and delicious food!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun, a proud unlimited luxury resort has received special recognition from the esteemed readers of Condé Nast Traveler Magazine in Mexico and AAA as a Four Diamond Award resort. Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun was awarded the Best for Romance and Best Luxury-World by the 2008 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards. Only TripAdvisor's hotel awards represent the opinions of millions of travelers. The winners were determined by a combination of the highest traveler ratings and the TripAdvisor Popularity Index, a measurement of overall traveler satisfaction. Situated five minutes from exciting Playa del Carmen and a short 35-minute drive south of Cancun International Airport, the world's second largest barrier reef lies just offshore, while underground rivers, caves and jungles lure adventure-lovers. Bordered by sugar-white beaches and the brilliant, crystal clear Caribbean Sea, this Preferred Club, Unlimited-Luxury, adults-only oasis truly embraces beauty and splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Ebookers, Travelbag, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Mayan Riviera
- Secrets Cancun
- Secrets Capri Riviera Maya
- Secrets Hotel
- Secret Hotel
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Secrets Playa Del Carmen
- Riviera Cancun
- Hotel Secret
- Capri Riviera Cancun