“Top little hotel with the real Mexican Hacienda Feel in Great Location”
Review of Hotel All Riviera

and 1 more site!
Hotel All Riviera
Ranked #191 of 209 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Top little hotel with the real Mexican Hacienda Feel in Great Location”
Reviewed 13 May 2010

Arriving late at night, I stayed here for 9 nights in Rm 206 and although first impression was a bit on the down side, once I actually got into my room on the second floor and had a look around and then opened the door to the balcony, my mood changed to the positive. the hotel was exactly what I wanted instead of a big fancy resort, it had a real Mexican feel about it. It's not perfect but it's very functional.
Being right on the beach with the distant lights of Cozumel in the distance made for a great spot to have a relaxing drink after a days travel from Jamaica.
The views of the beach during the day were always good too not that I spent much time doing it as I only needed to take ten steps to reach one of the lazyboys or tables set up by the beach crew every morning to start a lazy day soaking up the sun with a constannt supply of Coronas or anything else one wanted. One morning I woke to the sight of a Celebrity cruise liner barely 750 mtrs off shore where she stayed all day, very impressive sight. There is a ferry terminal to Cozumel a few minutes walk up the beach and is defifnately worth the 35 to 40 min trip accross, especially if your a diver or just luv the water. Back to the resort, it is just a 100mtrs to 5th Avenue where you will find every conceivable type of shop available plus a massive range of restaurants and eateries and everywhere you can get a drink till the wee hours of the morning. Dont be afraid of exploring the side streets either for interesting places to eat and drink. The staff at the hotel are very friendly, even if their English is not the best, you will be looked after and not left wanting.
The wireless internet is only accessable from the lobby but there are two comfortable lounges to use and being a small place, I never found it difficult to get a spot. Not exactly high speed but reliable.
To balance all this I would say that the pool could be a bit cleaner as it appeared cloudy for all but 2 days but then I didn't use it with the beach right there but some family groups used it daily. The other slight negative is the onsite restaurant which although provides good service with ok food at good prices, could use a spruce up, again the staff are friendly and obliging.
The hotel next to the Riviera to the left looking out to sea, has a banner called the bad boys club, they have a band play Thursdays and Saturdays from about 6 to 10pm, don't expect any sleep during this period but you wouldn't want to because the band is excellent and plays a great range of 60's and 70's mainly rock n roll and the drinks are cold and food are well priced. the rest of the time I found the hotel to be fairly quiet with little room next door noise as the norm.
So, in a nutshell, I would stay here again anytime, Playa Del Carmen is an awesome place and with all the history of the Mayan civilization in easy reach, the ruins etc and the general atmosphere, the cleanliness of the whole place and the people, I would recommend this as a must do destination. finally, the hotel offered every 3rd night free and a continental breakfast so it was a good deal overall, there are cheaper places I know but this one lived up to what I expected and then exceeded them. Happy travels and hope this helps, enjoy your stay in a taste of paradise !
PS: $12USD 1Hr massages just around the corner in next street are awesome or there is one right on the beach in front of the hotel for a few dollars more !

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank Rooboy59

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2010

My husband and I stayed there for a week. Apr.25-May 2. Location is great - right on the beach, close to 5th Avenue, ferry dock to Cozumel and bus station. Even it's located in the very heart of Playa, it's very quite at night. Rooms are spacious with a fridge, TV and AC. We've stayed in room 207 and 205 and both of them have an amaring ocean view. Staff is attentive and friendly. For the last 5 years it was our 6th trip to Mayan Riviera and 3rd staying in not All Inclusive. Their bed linen could have been newer, as well as towels. Still, I have to say that for this price ($82 US per night, 3rd night is free) it is a very good deal. I would give this hotel 5 points if not the breakfast. I agree, you cannot expect any miracle from a Continental breakfast included in the price, but come on - serve orange juice made from a powder in Mexico - that's a total disgrace! I also could swallow instant cofee instead of brewed, but I don't want to use a powder Coffee Mate for my coffee. I don't understand why they cannot serve a regular milk with a coffee.
Other than that we have enjoyed our stay and if the price is right would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Julia71
stockholm
Reviewed 7 April 2010

It is a small hotel with very friendly and helpful stuff. The rooms are clean and nice, freezer and TV at the room. You can get the vew towards the tourcouse Karibian see without it cost you a fortune. Everything is just around you, shops, restaurants, food stors, bars, busstation,
Mac Donalds, I just love the place! I have been there twice. They do all they can to get the guests pleased! You can easy get a chair on the beach in front of the hotel!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank EnergyStockholm
Plainview, New York
Reviewed 15 March 2010

My wife and I just returned from another wonderful vacation at All Riviera in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. It could not have been better and the staff, Jorge, Pedro, Victor, Hector, Lazirlo, Mario, Juanito, Luis, Adolpho and Senor Barracho, who makes the best margarita’s always took care of us. The rooms are extremely clean and the housekeepers kept us guessing everyday with the shapes of towels. The room was always neat and clean as were the beach and the grounds.

Over the past few years, there have been renovations in the rooms and the property. The location could not be any better. It on 2nd Street between 5th Avenue and the beach. Each room has a balcony and the rooms have an ocean view. The staff are friendly and speak English and we always feel safe there.

We are excited to be returning in July with our family. Yes, it will be hot, but the air conditioning will be fine when we are in our rooms. Otherwise we will be under an umbrella on the beautiful beach or cooling ourselves in the ocean or pool.

If you have any questions, please email us at notonlybaseball@aol.com or pinklady13@aol.com

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank notonlybaseball
Minneapolis
Reviewed 22 February 2010

We traveled with another couple and all agreed this hotel had excellent service, no club noise at night, no nickle and dime fees for things other hotels had charged for such as beach chairs, no high pressure selling. We were greeting each morning and the staff had a genuine concern we were enjoying ourselves. The poolside masages were thrifty and enjoyable, we could lay in their beach chairs without constant harrassment to buy food or drinks, the rooms were always impeccably clean each day with towel art. The beds were hard and you had to request extra pillows and the other couple had to request balcony chairs but all requests were accomodated by the time maid services had cleaned the next day. They serve a great club sandwich and fries when you've had enough tortilla. They held our baggage after checkout for the hours before our flight.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank jlc007
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed 23 April 2009

We had been to Mexico before, had low expectations on the room as far as cleanliness. We were more concerned with being able to look out the window and see the beach and the ocean. We booked an "OCEAN FRONT" room and paid more for it than the "OCEAN VIEW" room. When we got to the hotel, the desk clerk walked us to an "OCAN VIEW" room that overlooked the pool and the other balconies. When we explained that we had paid for the "OCEAN FRONT" room he said that the travel agent or website we booked through sold us the wrong room and there was nothing he could do for us.
Well-- we'll do something for them and never come back there as well as letting everyone we know about how they switch your "RESERVATIONS" without refunding the difference.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jdltwo
Mexico
Reviewed 22 April 2009

Have you ever wondered how a vacation in a wonderful place can be ruined, just try staying at All Riviera Resort. When some friends and I planned the trip, we selected the hotels based on location, apparent quality of the hotel and price, but don’t be fooled by the pictures, surely you may think that any hotel by the Caribbean sea will be beautiful, but once we arrived at the All Riviera Resort we were astounded by the filthiness of the place, not to mention the rude attention we received.
The bed sheets were dark gray, so you wouldn’t be able to see all the stain spots, the towels were almost black, probably so you couldn’t tell if they were clean or dirty. Before complaining we asked for clean bed sheets and they just kept on bringing these extremely filthy bed sheets, always with a bad attitude. Finally we decided to go to another hotel and for a small difference we stayed in a wonderful place.
They almost ruined our vacations. Considering there are many other hotels in Playa del Carmen that offer what you expect, be careful not to choose All Riviera Resort.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends