The hostel plays reeeealllly, really loud techno music until 2am and smoking is allowed everywhere. The dorms have no doors (just a thin sheet hanging over part of the door frame) so there's not much security and the smoke and light comes right in. The amount of smoke was ridiculous! Like completely ridiculous!!! Like worse than a restaurant in mainland China! The shared bathrooms were full of puke too because of everyone partying in the hostel. Also, in our dorm there was only a single electrical outlet which was behind someone's bed and was being used so that sucked too. AHH!! I hated this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostel Playa is a nice youth hostel in Playa del Carmen, near Cancun and Tulum. The best low budget accommodation in the Riviera Maya. It's located in the heart of Playa del Carmen near the beach and the stores of 5th Avenue. Located just in front of the main plaza and close to everything (bus station, food market, etc). This gives the best value rooms with the best ambience because of the people from all over the world staying here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Hostel Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Playa Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Hostel Playa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen