Stayed here over Christmas, there was a communal Xmas eve dinner organised where everyone cooked something, it was really fun! The bathrooms and showers were very clean when we were there, and couldn't have done without the individual fans although they seemed to annoy some ppl in the dorm. Across the road from Walmart so that's very handy, and the beach is not far either- I think I would've preferred to stay here anyway beachfront Playa del Carmen is very commercialised.
Probably the downside is that they do allow smoking inside, and play loud music until after midnight. Because some of the dorms don't have floor to ceiling walls (?!?? Assume to allow air flow) it can get VERY loud. But I loved staying here!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostel Playa, is a nice youth hostel in Playa del Carmen, near Cancun and Tulum. The best low budget accomodation in the Riviera Maya. Its located in the heart of Playa del Carmen near the beach and the stores of the 5th Avenue. Located just in front of the main plaza and close of everything (bus station, food market, etc). This gives the Best Value rooms with the best ambience because of the people from all over the world staying here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hostel Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Playa Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Hostel Playa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen