Just got back from a solo long weekend trip to Playa del Carmen. Have stayed at several other little boutique hotels in PDC in between visits to Luna Blue, but chose to come back to my favorite. I had a treetop terrace room with my own private balcony; that was the best! The whole look and feel is quite tropical and really cute and they now have a new pool. They had a terrific Blues singer the whole weekend and a fabulous BBQ pool party on Sunday. Excellent way to end my mini vacation. It is the next best thing to being home in terms familiarity and comfort with coming and going (I was travelling alone). Loved the morning sweetbreads (coconut and banana were my favorites) sitting by the pool. The owners are terrific people and very hospitable. The staff are really great, especially Jaime and Alex who are the front desk managers. Jaime carried my piece of luggage up two flights to my tree top room and I tried to give him a little tip and he kindly refused; when does that happen in Mexico! Alex was always smiling and very friendly and helpful. I also made two friends by way of their pets Frankie and Osso; they stayed with me all night on my deck and meowed for me to come out in the morning (not too early though!). The deck - boy did I love getting to go food from the Mega Store (never knew they had preparted foods - yum and cheap) and having an awesome dinner on my patio, and a late evening snack listening to the band and lying in the hammock (accoustics are great sitting amongst the trees). Can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Blue Hotel is located in Playa del Carmen's popular north end, three short blocks from the beach and half a block from the restaurants, shops and nightlife of 5th Avenue. This boutique hotel features palapa-covered balconies, a sunken tropical garden swimming pool, a lush garden, and one of the most popular bars in town. The hotel offers free use of four beach clubs and various local discounts. American owners and their bilingual staff offer you personal attention during your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Luna Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Blue Hotel Garden
- Luna Blue Playa Del Carmen
- Luna Blue Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen