My daughter and I just returned to the snowy-cold after spending 7 days at the Luna Blue Hotel. We are missing it! I found the hotel on Tripadvisor and it was exactly what most visitors shared. If you want to stay in the heart of Playa so that you can walk around and enjoy the town, this is a perfect location. However, its not the Ritz.. If you are used to staying at a 4-star hotel where you enjoy all the amenities (spa, gym, turn down service, roomservice, etc) this is probably not for you. However, if you are laid back and can deal with "just the basics", The Luna Blue is for you and you will not be disappointed. We stayed in Room 6. The room was spacious. It had a dbl bed, a single bed and a trundle bed. We had a kitchen table, stove, small fridge, water cooler, a/c, fan and a small bathroom, a balcony with chairs and a hammock! How perfect. The room was very clean and the maid staff was terrific. They made sure we had clean towels each day, made our beds, kept the room clean. The entire staff at the hotel was pleasant and very helpful. We took advantage and went to two of the beach clubs affiliated with the hotel and had great visits. We loved the live music at the bar on Tuesday and Thursday night and met tons of people there that told us they come back every year! Each morning we enjoyed the wonderful sweetbreads and coffee in the courtyard and each evening we enjoyed a visit from the hotel's cats. The courtyard/garden is delightful... We loved sitting out and just relaxing. The pool area is small but nice. We met Tony and Sherri the last day - they are very nice and wanted to ensure that we had a good stay. Its obvious that they make a point with everyone they hire that customer service is key as we truly were treated fantastic. We will be back for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Blue Hotel & Bar. We are a small Hotel and have turned it into one of the most popular boutique hotels around. Our small hotel is lush, intimate with comfortable 18 beach rooms adult-only, designed for travelers and a perfect to stay for more than a few days to explore the wonders and beauty of this magical area. Experience the real Mexico. Only at the Luna Blue Hotel, you will feel like home. All rooms at the Luna Blue Hotel have a garden view, covered outdoor balcony or seating area, air conditioning, a safe and free bottled water. Organic toiletries are provided in the bathrooms. Free Wi-Fi is available in all rooms and public areas. The Luna Blue Bar offers live music and exotic drinks under a palm-thatched roof. There are a coffee station, tea and homemade pastries, daily from 7:30 am - 10:30 am. Guests of the Luna Blue enjoy local area discounts and free privileges at certain beach clubs. The hotel’s multilingual staff provide a perspective planning tours and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Luna Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Blue Hotel Garden
- Luna Blue Playa Del Carmen
- Luna Blue Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen