We are definitely coming back to this charming hotel next time we come to Playa del Carmen. We loved it. The bar was fantastic, the pool was great, the staff were great, the resident cats were nice to have around as my husband and I are both animal lovers. And we absolutely loved that it was so near to everything we could need. It was walking distance to nearly everything.
The hotel room was super cute and the the safety deposit box was actually larger than we had anticipated and it was nice to have that additional peace of mind. The pool was really nice and we pretty much had it to ourselves many days/evenings. It was just nice to have that option.
So... there's gotta be something wrong, you may think!..Well, we did have an issue with the hot water not working for the first couple of days (we thought maybe there was no such thing as hot water in hot Mexico!), but once we brought it up with the hotel staff, they took care of it right away. And the only other bad thing was that the AC unit was near and over the bed. And while it didn't bother me too much, my husband has tinnitus and he complained that the AC was too loud and made his ears ring. So if and when we do come back, we may book a different room.
On our last day, my husband had accidentally left his cell phone in the room and we thought for sure it was a gonner. But a couple of hours after we arrived back home in the states, we got an e-mail from the owners letting us know that their maids had found it and turned it in. Talk about honesty and integrity! We got really lucky because they were coming out to California that same week and told us that they would just mail it to us from there. So we did get our cell phone back and think that it was just really great what they did for us. Thank you!
Definitely coming back and staying at the Luna Blue :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Blue Hotel is located in Playa del Carmen's popular north end, three short blocks from the beach and half a block from the restaurants, shops and nightlife of 5th Avenue. This boutique hotel features palapa-covered balconies, a sunken tropical garden swimming pool, a lush garden, and one of the most popular bars in town. The hotel offers free use of four beach clubs and various local discounts. American owners and their bilingual staff offer you personal attention during your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luna Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Blue Hotel Garden
- Luna Blue Playa Del Carmen
- Luna Blue Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen