My husband and I just returned from a week's stay at the Luna Blue, and want to add our comments to the accolades for this truly "magical and intimate" hotel. From the moment your feet step onto their property, the staff of this charming place goes out of its way to make your stay with them a memorable one. It was our first stay in Mexico, too, and even though we're relatively seasoned travelers, receiving a warm welcome and a friendly smile goes a long way to relieve the stress of arriving in an unfamiliar place. Tony's gardens are full of tropical beauties that we only see in hothouses where we come from, and we began each morning and unwound every night sitting out on our little terrace enjoying the scenery. All of the staff was extremely helpful, from planning our day trips to just finding a great dinner spot. Do take their recommendations; they know what they are talking about! Tony steered us to his favorite snorkeling spot (a protected lagoon in Akumel, and the bay just south of there where my husband got to see a big reef shark up close), and they both gave well-deserved praise for some great restaurants. Check out their listings on the forum, you won't be disappointed. Having knowledgeable hosts that treat you like family is practically unheard of; Tony and Cheri and their staff are the main reason people will return to Luna Blue as many times as they can. Add to this the immaculate rooms with fresh linens replaced daily, purified drinking water, a frig and a safe for your valuables, and you've got home away from home. We LOVED the location, a block off the best people watching street in town filled with every type of restaurant and shop you can imagine. You can't go wrong in checking out this little gem of a hotel. Tony and Cheri, you've justly earned the praise of all your guests! If you'd like any more tips, feel free to email us, we'd love to share our experience in Playa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Blue Hotel is located in Playa del Carmen's popular north end, three short blocks from the beach and half a block from the restaurants, shops and nightlife of 5th Avenue. This boutique hotel features palapa-covered balconies, a sunken tropical garden swimming pool, a lush garden, and one of the most popular bars in town. The hotel offers free use of four beach clubs and various local discounts. American owners and their bilingual staff offer you personal attention during your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Luna Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Blue Hotel Garden
- Luna Blue Playa Del Carmen
- Luna Blue Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen