We stayed once again at the Luna Blue December 1st through the 11th, and the Luna Blue - in our opinion - only keeps getting better and better.
On our previous stay, it was just a few months post-Wilma when we stayed in Playa Del Carmen last January. I'm happy to say that the lushness of the Riviera Maya area is back, and the Luna Blue is no exception. The Garden Courtyard area looks fabulous. The new waterfall area adds a nice touch to the look and sound of the hotel. The finishing touches and improvements to this 18-room hotel continue. We stayed in an upper balcony room, #34 and the new remotely controlled AC unit was nearly noiseless, you could set the degree temperature you would like plus it has a timer. Nice touch.
And, once again our rooms were kept spotless the entire stay. The staff of the Luna Blue is incredibly friendly, helpful and capable.
As the weather did not exactly cooperate with our plans, we ended up spending quite a bit of time relaxing on our balcony listening to the rain, reading (my wife read 7 books in 10 days), doing crossword puzzles and surfing the Internet. To this - I would like to say "Thank You" to the Luna Blue for making WiFi access available. Both in our room and on the balcony the signal was more than capable to keep a steady connection - good for checking your Fantasy Football scores, e-mails, catching up on the news of the world or back home etc. There is a new addition to the hotel's amenities coming soon, an on-site palapa bar complete with the most beautiful hardwood bar and soon-to-be installed (if not already) swing seats. The owner, Tony, said his desire is for this to be a nice romantic retreat on-site for an evening's nitecap, or whatever. It SURE would have come in handy on some of those rainy days and nights so that we wouldn't have had to make our way out in the driving rain for a quick adult beverage. And with the lighting of the Courtyard and the sounds and lighting of the waterfall - we can imagine how perfect this place will be on our next visit.
Again - passes to the nearby beach club were available and the hotel was gated and guarded and locked tight each night at 10 if that sort of thing is an important thing to note (A key is provided for entry and egress by the wooden gate at night).
Playa Del Carmen is a growing, vibrant community that has both an exciting and relaxing vibe to it co-existing simultaneously - and the north end of Playa is our favorite.
Thanks once again to the Luna Blue!
We will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Blue Hotel is located in Playa del Carmen's popular north end, three short blocks from the beach and half a block from the restaurants, shops and nightlife of 5th Avenue. This boutique hotel features palapa-covered balconies, a sunken tropical garden swimming pool, a lush garden, and one of the most popular bars in town. The hotel offers free use of four beach clubs and various local discounts. American owners and their bilingual staff offer you personal attention during your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luna Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Blue Hotel Garden
- Luna Blue Playa Del Carmen
- Luna Blue Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen