A FANTASTIC little gem in an amazing place.. although initially hesitant about a standard room in a hotel that seemed to be charging half the price of all others in Playa over the New Years period, we shouldn't have been concerned. When we first arrived and saw no TV there were raised eyebrows but to be honest you don't need it as there is just so much to do in Playa that by the time you get back to the room you just want to go to bed! The hotel is pretty much bare bones. Just 18 rooms, no bar (though one is coming in 2007 we were told), no restaurant (but plenty a few metres away!) but what makes it so wonderful is that it is small (it doesn't take 10 mins to walk from your room to the main lobby like in most resorts), Gennaro and Jimmy at the front desk are extremely helpful and the towel animals from the maids are WOW WOW WOW but the best part of the hotel are the owners Tony and Cherie. Staying at Luna Blue is like staying at their house. They create a laid back welcoming feeling as soon as you arrive, which lasts throughout your stay. They take the time to find out how your day was and are full bottle on all to do and see. Ask Tony to point out the best beach in the Caribbean (it is amazing)! Highly recommended!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Blue Hotel is located in Playa del Carmen's popular north end, three short blocks from the beach and half a block from the restaurants, shops and nightlife of 5th Avenue. This boutique hotel features palapa-covered balconies, a sunken tropical garden swimming pool, a lush garden, and one of the most popular bars in town. The hotel offers free use of four beach clubs and various local discounts. American owners and their bilingual staff offer you personal attention during your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luna Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Blue Hotel Garden
- Luna Blue Playa Del Carmen
- Luna Blue Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen