We stayed at the Luna Blue Feb 3rd thru Feb 9th in a tree top terrace room and found the owners & staff very helpful and knowledgeable. The other guests were extremely friendly and fun to visit with. The room itself was very nice, the grounds very tropical and extremely private.
We have stayed at an all inclusive the past few years (at 3 to 4 times the cost) and after staying here, wished we would have tried this before. Everything is so close and within easy walking distance, most folks couldnt ask for more.
While Tony & Cheri went out of their way to provide suggestions as to restaurants, we found that most restaurants close to the Luna Blue were very satisfactory. We really enjoyed the short walk each day to Mamitas beach club and the complimentary chairs and umbrella there (provided by Luna Blue)
We also took advantage of the little laundry and mini mart across from the Luna Blue which was very cheap and handy.
My wife had the need to see a doctor during our visit, and wouldnt you know it ........there was an american speaking doctor right around the corner from the hotel.
Toni & Cheri are in the process of building a small bar and hopefully this wont distract from the quiet special type of ambience of their hotel.
Unless you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth, you will be very satisfied (as we were) staying at this nice little hotel.
Jim/Lynn, Appleton, WI
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Blue Hotel is located in Playa del Carmen's popular north end, three short blocks from the beach and half a block from the restaurants, shops and nightlife of 5th Avenue. This boutique hotel features palapa-covered balconies, a sunken tropical garden swimming pool, a lush garden, and one of the most popular bars in town. The hotel offers free use of four beach clubs and various local discounts. American owners and their bilingual staff offer you personal attention during your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luna Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Blue Hotel Garden
- Luna Blue Playa Del Carmen
- Luna Blue Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen