Barrio Latino Hotel
US$229
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
US$320
US$320
US$301
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$413
US$344
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$564
US$415
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
US$211
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$806
US$702
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,434
US$940
Bookit.com
All reviewscontinental breakfastgreat wifitwo blockscute hotelbus stationair conbudget hotelstayed here for nightsla quintagreen juiceceiling fanyogurthot waterclean roomsbring earplugslocation is greatminute walk to the beach
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The staff are very nice, polite and welcoming.

1) This hotel provides a complementary breakfast and
2) FREE international long distance phone calls

We stayed at Barrio Latino for a couple nights, and it was awesome. The room was clean, nice looking and well kept. This hotel is well located for tourists who wish to Visit Playa Del Carmen. The price is excellent for the room, services and amenities. The internet is a bit spotty and does not work very well, but you can use the computer in the lobby, also, at no cost. Cheers!

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs if you want privacy. If you want to mingle with others get a room downstairs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jo s
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This place is great especially for the price. It is located two blocks from the tourist strip and three from the beach. It was a bit noisy as the hotel is surrounded by restaurants some of which had live music but we didn't mind as the singers were really good and we were still able to sleep. If your looking for cheaper food turn right instead of left when you step out of the hotel and go into the non touristy part of town. The breakfast is basic but is a sufficient start to the day. The bed was really comfy, you get wifi in your room and you get free phone calls home. The location is close to the beach, good food and the ADO bus station.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank H_Sava
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I visited Playa del Carmen during the Bpm 2014 Festival.
Even if the town was crowded and music was everywhere, I could go back to my beautful room at the Barrio Latino, a peaceful oasis in a hacienda style environment.
even if a i am a pro dj, I need a space to chill out and Barrio Latino was just what I needed.
I would suggest this Hotel to other BPM followers if the y understand this is not the place to party, it is to chill out after the party. I would go back.

Room Tip: I liked my room number 27 with a very comfortable queen size bed and facing my own green area!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank DjMarwell75
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The hotel is conveniently located close to what I thought the center of the city - close to the ADO bus station and the ferry to Cozumel, one block away from the 5th avenue which is the main tourist street in Playa. The rooms are small but comfortable. There is no tv. The beds are hard but I who prefers soft survived without problem. Upon arrival you will find two bottles of water (in other hotels you have new water every day). If there is a music festival in the city, you will hear, as anywhere in Playa. So for just in case, bring earplugs. It is a party city after all :-). Otherwise the place is calm. The Internet is good, a complimentary service. The breakfast is also complimentary service not included in the price (free for the guests) - you have croissants, some jam, yogurt, juice, tea and coffee. Yet you are not allowed to bring your food during the time of breakfast between 8 and 10 am (some local regulations require this). You have a fridge in your room and can buy and store food there. Playa is full of small restaurants for each pocket.

The owner and the staff are extremely helpful and answered my thousand questions with practical suggestions. So the service is good. Overall I think it is a good hotel. Have a safe trip!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Elena K
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I spent a great week at the Barrio Latino in Playa del Carmen.
Andrea and his wife did a great job and their workers are a small group of smiling and professional people.
Being high season, it is better to book in advance. Book a rate among the Superior. My room was number 22 and it was just perfect. Great wifi.

Room Tip: Place your reservation via their webpage and get the best room! Don`t book budget rate
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank meredith b
Barrio-Management, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Barrio Latino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Mrs Melanie,
we were very happy to read from your review that you spent a very nice time at the Barrio Latino.
We wish you a happy new year and since from our books we understand you'll be back son, we are already waiting for you!
Andrea and wife and staff at the Barrio Latino Hotel