“Great Location!”

Ranked #171 of 209 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Washington State
“Great Location!”
Reviewed 5 March 2008

The location of these condos doesn't get much better, especially if you like to walk 5th avenue and need quick access to the ferry terminal to Cozumel. The condos are literally on top of Senor Frogs so at night it can be a little noisy but we are young and thought it was no problem. From the bedroom in the condo you couldn't hear the music but we slept on the futon in the living room so we could hear it a bit but didn't affect us. The views from the deck are amazing and the deck itself is awesome and very big. Lots of room for sun tanning.

Rooms are nice, clean and modern. Bathroom was really small but still workable. The laundry machine they provide is really old and ruined three of my good tops so I don't recommend using it.

We did enjoy our stay there it was very close to 5th which made it easy for going to dinner and enjoying the nightlife.

We did have a problem at the end of our stay which was very disapointing. One of the workers (we presume a maid) got into my purse that was buried in my suitcase and took my credit card. The reason we knew it was taken was because it was put back into my friends makeup bag in the bedroom and my suitcase was in the living room. Someone also messed with our cell phones. I was very suprised as we were there for 10 days until we had that problem. The management seemed to care and did move an employee so I was glad they were being proactive.

If it wasn't for that I would stay there again, everything else was nice. They provide water too, it's not cold but we just filled up water bottles and refrigerated them.

• Liked — Location to 5th avenue
  • Disliked — the theft that occured
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Minnesota
Reviewed 16 March 2007

The location just yards from the Cozumel ferry dock can't be beat. You can walk to all the shops and restaurants on 5th Avenue, of course to the ferry, and to the beaches just north of the ferry. The unit (D2) was clean and ready for us. The kitchen appliances are new and the kitchen is very functional. The unit is freshly painted. There were plenty of towels. The management staff of Carribean Beach Resorts was very helpful. You can park a rental car on a guarded nearby street. Bottled water was plentiful. The maid service was good. This end unit has 2 balconies and you can watch the ferries come and go and see beautiful sunrises. The bathrooms are large. The drawbacks here were that the dryer never worked, tho we were allowed to use one across the hall, several light bulbs were out when we arrived and had to be replaced, one of the bedroom a/c units was extremely noisy. It lacked homey touches like table mats (I bought and left some) and smal tables for the patio. At night, there is noise from Senor Frog's below. With doors closed, tv and ac running you don't hear it, but at times could feel the vibrations in one of the bedrooms. The beach was taken out by Wilma in the fall of '05 and not really replaced.

Stayed March 2007
5 Thank mizella
Conifer, Colorado
Reviewed 8 January 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Plaza Marina for a long weekend getaway in early November.

We are not fans of hotels or resorts for vacations, tending to prefer privacy and all the amenities of home. The condo we stayed at in the Plaza Marina simply could not have been better! The location simply cannot be beat if you want to play in Playa del Carmen. Right at the end of 5th Avenue and right on the beach for a fabulous view.

The individual condo we stayed in was fabulous - overlooked the water, comfortably furnished, wonderful service, privacy. We were initially concerned about noise from Senor Frogs but the only time we ever heard anything was one Friday night standing on the deck we were able to hear the band playing. Also, there is no pool if that is a requirement for you. We did not need a pool since the kids were not with us but the condo had a lovely little jacuzzi on the deck which was perfect for lying in while sipping margaritas.

The proximity to the lovely restaurants and shopping of 5th Ave, combined with the privacy of the condo and the fabulous view from our deck made for a perfect vacation!

I would highly recommend these condos to anybody. I suppose one caveat would be that each unit is each individually owned so they may not all be as nice as the one we stayed in.

• Liked — Proximity to all PDC has to offer, value, magnificent views, comfortable furnishings, privacy.
  • Disliked — No pool. The condo decks are right next to each other. We had privacy during our stay but if the other condos had been occupied it would not have been nearly as private.
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank theflyinglawyer
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 8 February 2005

Just got back from Cancun, but stayed in Playa for a week at the Plaza Marina Condos. Had a fabulous time and ate some of the most wonderful food ever!!! Playa Maya has the best drinks!!! Their Miami Vice's are the best I've ever had and they are HUGE! We used the beach at Playa Maya as they had the best beach and the best waiters. The beach at our condo is completely gone, but didn't mind the walk up the beach to Playa Maya at all. My husband and my brother took a fishing trip and caught Barracuda. My brother went to Chichen Itza by himself and took some great pics....the rest of us just wanted to lounge around on the beach and soak up the sun....what a wonderful, relaxing vacation! The hot tub on our balcony was great also. The sunrise and the sunsets were exquisite from the balcony also. Blue Parrot, Captain Tutix, and Senor Frogs were great fun! Yaxchte, Bruno, Limones, Blue Lobster, The Coffee Press, Java Joes were also great. The pork dish from Yaxchte was the best meal I've ever had in my life!

Can't wait to return!!

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help!

23 Thank Candylady401