“Best buy in Playa”

Ranked #155 of 210 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Clifton, Texas
“Best buy in Playa”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed at the Bric for 4 nights and loved it! The staff was so helpful and friendly, lovely full breakfast. Only steps away from 5th Ave and all the great restaurants and shops. Even though we were close to the action once we got back to the lovely garden and pool it was quiet and peaceful. The only downsides are the room AC (but the hum lolled us to sleep) and the beds are pretty firm (we slept great!). Other than that a great deal for the price. We prefer modest hotels that keep us close to the streets rather than big resorts where you feel cut off from reality. The Bric fits that ideal perfectly. We will definitely be back and stay here whenever we visit the Playa area.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a room on the first floor near the pool. Rooms on the second floor overlooking the pool w...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Finnish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Arrived to Maya Bric after a bad experience in other place, the front desl clerk was very kind and even offered a good discount after telling him I had spent money for a room that I did not use at other hotel across the street (siesta fiesta). We found the room at Maya Bric was small but clean, the beds are not the best but still ok, the breakfast is awesome (eggs, bread, fruit, coffee, juice and more) they have a nice pool and WiFi, I only spet 1 night there and must say that considering the rates in Playa, Maya Bric gives you what you pay for and a bit more.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Anoka, MN
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Watch what you pay for here. There is kind of a bait and switch. There are 2 parts to the hotel, old and new. The old is insecure, doors only shut if you use deadbolt, otherwise they fly open in the wind. Two plugs in in the room, can't adequately charge phones and so on if you have a fridge. Tiny TVs. NO BATHROOM doors in either new or old part, only swinging short saloon type doors. Very strange.

So if you buy, you get old part of hotel. Then to get to new part we had to pay $150 for changing 7 days. It was worth it. The new part is not bad, and the hotel location is great. They are helpful at front desk, and will watch for your known visitors and leave messages and so on. In the new part, the water flies all over the floor from the shower.

I do recommend the hotel, but KNOW WHAT YOU are getting. Be sure to ask for new part.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank SandraWucher
Kingston-Upon-Thames
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

I've been travelling for two decades, I write for a series of travel guides and websites. My two night stay at Maya Brick was without doubt the worst stay I've ever had in a hotel. Cockroaches, no hot water arrogant staff, no access to the pool as it was full of scubadivers, tv didn't work, manager was total jerk, I would avoid this place if I was you.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank AndyC23

Travellers are raving about these Playa del Carmen hotels

Miami
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I recently stayed 2 nights at Maya Bric Hotel (mbh) in playa del Carmen, Mexico (pdc). My sole intention for visiting pdc was due to its beach location and proximity to Tulum, chitchen itza and Cozumel. Given my itenerary was so packed, I didn't care too much about having a super fabulous hotel. I figured I'd be away from the hotel most of the time.

During my hotel search, my primary focus was a good, followed by a few extras (primarily close to beach, free wifi and breakfast included). Mbh had not the most flattering reviews but I chose to stay there because despite the reviews, it seemed to have everything I was looking for. Upon my arrival, the location was perfect (though 5th avenue can get kinda crazy because it's the main tourist strip in the city, filled with restaurants, clubs, etc). The staff were very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was somewhat close to a full breakfast because n addition to the buffet (which had pastries, fruit, cereal, etc) u also could order eggs (prepared to ur desire) or a hot sandwich. The room wasn't too impressive but did meet my basic needs. However, the towels folded daily on the bed in the shape of an animal was a nice touch. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised and satisfied with my mbh experience. I would def go back!

• Stayed April 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This was one of the best accomodation. Close to the beach, to the main shopping road-5th Av.- quiet during day and night, with nice swimmingpool. Breakfast was fresh and tasty. Really recommended!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This is a very good hotel!
We stayed in the new part of the hotels in the junior suite.
It is very clean and comfortable room with breakfast buffet.
The host are very friendly and helpful! They gave us very good advices on nicer beaches and good restaurants and good shops to go, which was great because you have too much to choose from in Playa del Carmen.
The only disadvantage was that the wifi signal doesn't reach the room and it was less comfortable to go every time to the entrance to use the skype or just surfing.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple