Hotel Hacienda del Caribe
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Olive Hotel & Boutique(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Hotel Posada Sian Ka'an(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Koox All 4 U Hotel & Hostel(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Popol Vuh(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Hotel Cielo(Playa del Carmen)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Peter Pan(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Hotel Casa Tucan(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Hotel All Riviera(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Barrio Latino Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
All reviewssmall poolado bus stationmexican decornight guardreal caribebudget accommodationworking acno liftbasic hotelhot waterceiling fantwo blockshotel is in a great locationclean roomsferry to cozumellonger staythird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived to a very traditional Mexican looking hotel. The location was key, just off the main strip, and close to it all.

There was construction on the road out front, however the entrance directly in front of hotel was clean and clear.

Rooms: regular dbl room, quite small. The first we got the sheets were stained and the air conditioning was broken. The front desk was quick to place in a suitable alternative. This new corner unit, was spacious, clean and the air conditioning was powerful:) however it was on 10th and at night we had to keep the balcony doors closed, so not to hear the Mexican Karoke next door.

Pool: cute, clean and never busy

Staff: Best part of the hotel!! The front desk was sensational. Lending help, requests, booking reservations and just a honest true delight:)

Summary: if your looking for a well priced, amazing location, no frills, safe and Mexican themed hotel, look no further; this is your spot:))

I go to Mexico quite a bit, at least 2 months a year, and I can say with full confidence, ill stay again:)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank hereandthere123
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Having read the recent reviews, I was a bit uneasy to discover I would be staying here for three nights. But I was actually pleased with what I found. I had two different rooms, one on the third floor and one on the second. Both were perfectly acceptable, with plenty of space, working AC, nice shower with good water pressure and good housekeeping. And, of course, a wonderful location just off 5th ave. There was a lot of work going on while I was there to spruce up the place--painting and repair as far as I could see. The front desk always had beach towels available and the one time I asked and they were out, someone went and got one right away. There was always someone on duty at the desk and they always seemed pleasant and accommodating. It is true that there is no restaurant or bar at the hotel, but, with all the choice around the corner, that was no drawback. I only had two complaints (aside form the general complaint I have about most hotels I have stayed in--no decent reading light). The sheets need updating. The ones in the first room I had were old and stained. And the second night I was there, a family with a couple of small kids were checking in when I got back to the hotel about 10:00. We had an early day the next day so we wanted to go to bed early, but this family got into the pool in the courtyard about 10:30 and the kids were shrieking and laughing until after midnight. The sounds just echoed in the open space on the courtyard. I wish whoever was on duty as the desk had said something.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LNinWI
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Hotel Hacienda del Caribe in Play del Carmen is another hotel to avoid. When we checked in the room they gave us only had a single small ceiling light, no bedside or other lights at all in the room. When we asked for another room the clerk told us they were full but when I mentioned that I saw three rooms right next to us empty she finally allowed us to switch. That room only had two towels, no face towels, washcloths, shower mats or floor towels. We aked for a hand towel and a bath mat that was frayed and thin. The TV is fuzzy and no English channels. Next morning breakfast was 4 ½ block away in another hotel and was a continental breakfast; juice, fruit, coffee, and toast. There were no eggs, sausages, ham or pancakes.

The Internet connected only in the lobby. When we asked for beach towels, they only had one to give us even though they had offered them earlier and the hotel was mostly empty. The small pool was in the centre of the hotel like a hacienda but they only had three chairs and when I asked if they could find me some more, as those three were taken, I was told that there were no more.

If this is an example of an average 3 star hotel, I seriously think the people who rate hotels need to re-evaluate how it rating system works, they really missed to the boat on this one.

What is a shame on this is that the hotel is actually very attractive and well equipped with décor and Mexican art. The rooms are large and while its not on the ocean, its a short walk away. This a classic example of how a little better service including staff training and proper supplies could turn this hotel around and make all the difference. What a shame that people will read this and the other negative reviews and go somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank kayakchick
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I had high hopes for this place, due to its more authentic architecture, and perfect location, close to the bars, restaurants, beaches and shops. Unfortunately our Mexican Travel Agent had gone bust, taking our money with it (apparently) so didn't get off on good foot after 2 hors of unhelpful, disinterested staff. The rooms were very dark, with no natural sunlight (only windows were 20cm forom a stone wall) The room was so damp, nothing ever dried, sheets felt damp, and I ended up with a chest infection. Shower was hot and powerful (it did dretly spray the light switch though!) - (Damp) towels provided. No breakfast. Bar, although has great saddle seats, wasn't trading, and pool was too small, shading and public to want to swim in. Has potential, but for the first time ever, I wud not recommend this hostal.

Room Tip: Don't go for ground floor rooms...they are damp and have no windows
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank WorldMoocher
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed one night and could not stay any longer. The room was old and in need of work. Bathroom tiles were broken and dirty. The door was thin and did not feel safe. When we came back late the guard was lying on the bench sleeping. The swimming pool is very small and I don't think I would use it. The internet only worked in the entry.

I've stayed in a number of hotels all over the Yucatan and am not a resort kind of person, but I can't recommend this small hotel.

I would say the stay are nice.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple