1,581 results
All reviews rooftop pool la passion el tapas venezuelan restaurant kaxapa factory municipal park three blocks made to order breakfast free breakfast pools and hot tubs ado bus station breakfast was delicious quinta avenida rooms are small two blocks location is great loved this hotel
Reviewed 13 January 2019 via mobile

Perfectly placed hotel in the heart of playa del Carmen and to our pleasant surprise was super quiet at night time. The bed was super comfortable and rooms come with a big bathroom / walk in robe. Breakfast was amazing also, had a whole menu to chose from and servers and hotel staff were very helpful

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaulMbaker
Reviewed 11 January 2019

I stayed here for one night in December. I was disappointed how small the rooms were. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast is taken next door in the restaurant which is simple but nice. The hotel needs a little overall, sun beds need renewing looking tired, mouldy and had a smell. Free safe In the room and free bottled water. Small bar near one of the pools. The main pool does not open until 10am. Very close to shops and bars.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank carol21swim
Reviewed 6 January 2019

My family and I stayed at La Pasion during Christmas 2018 and really had quite a wonderful time – until our last night at the hotel. We came back to our room after dinner to find it covered in 2 inches of water. We had to scramble to gather our belongings to avoid further water damage (unfortunately some damage was already done) and were moved to a new room. The hotel staff was very accommodating and kind with this – they helped us move and put us in a different room immediately.
The flood itself was not something we would have normally complained about – we understand that accidents happen, and we were really pleased with how friendly and helpful the nighttime staff was. However, when we were checking out the next morning, we spoke to the manager about our issue, and he was less than accommodating. He asked me what I would like him to do for us, and I said that at the very least, we should not have to pay for last night’s accommodations. We paid for pool view rooms, and the room we were moved to was a street view room, which was quite loud. He said he didn’t have the authority to do this, and gave me a business card with the name of someone else to get in touch with.
I proceeded to e-mail when I returned, and recently received a less than acceptable response. I was told that I would not be receiving a refund for the last night, but instead could have one free night the next time I returned. I have traveled all over the world and know that what distinguishes a great hotel from a mediocre one is the customer service. I believe that crediting us for the last night (at the very least – at this point, I think they should have done a bit more as a courtesy) would have shown a level of professionalism and courtesy that most of us travelers expect. Unfortunately, I will not be returning to La Pasion and will tell family & friends the same.

3  Thank djrez16
Reviewed 6 January 2019

I'll join the large volume of positive reviews for this little hidden gem. It is just a few blocks away from 5th Ave, but it is still centrally located. The area is safe, and a quick walk gets you on the main tourist drag. You are a little further from the beach, but the property amenities make up for this in so many ways: ready access to beach towels at the front desk; and two pools on the courtyard/patio and one in the roof. The rooms seem to come in a variety of sizes and prices. I would opt for the higher end rooms (it is worth the splurge). The hotel and rooms have been tastefully renovated. You have a small but pretty cool bar on the roof right by to the pool (they also have hot tubs and cabanas up there). Overall, great place to stay if you are on a budget.

Pro tip: Trust me, don't make your reservation on the hotel's website. You might think you are booking directly with the hotel, but you are not! This hotel doesn't handle or process the website reservations. A third party travel agency (Despegar) handles those reservations and you will get stuck dealing with them to make any type of change. You are much better off calling the hotel directly (the front desk speaks English and they can make a reservation on the phone). By calling the hotel directly, you can make sure you are dealing with the hotel management instead of the travel agency (Despegar) that will not respond to your email or phone call. At least, this was my recent experience in December/January.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank IEM10011
Reviewed 4 January 2019

1) Perfect location. Close to beach (400m), calm and quiet but still close to the tourist street.
2) Really nice atmosphere. Friendly staff.
3) Very cozy rooms
4) Great breakfast and friendly service
5) Roof top pool is excellent.
6) Great price (paid around 1300 pesos per night)
7) Close to famous tacqueria El Fogon.

All in all, ticks all the boxes. Perfect if you're gonna stay at a non-resort in Playa del Carmen.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple