“A very relaxing hangout corner”
Review of Caiman Tugurio

Caiman Tugurio
Ranked #130 of 1,393 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have been to Caiman a few times and it's a very nice relaxing spot with good service and crew.
I definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting playa del carmen.

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I visited this bar with my friends for lunch and the food was great: fresh, light salads, sandwiches, wraps and freshly squezed fruit juices. The ambience was relaxing: chill out music and helpful staff. We'll definitely come back again.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

No fuss, very relaxed and very cool. Great cocktails too. Simple food, but delicious. Musical choice was right up our alley, alternative and modern. Nice relief from the marauding mariachis!

Reviewed 8 June 2013

My husband and I ate lunch here on June 7th. The atmosphere was nice with a big tree shading the entrance and a thatched roof over the front patio and beach music, but the the food was such a disappointment! We ordered at 11 am and there were 8 customers already in the restaurant. It took an entire hour for our food to be served! I ordered strawberry crepes because the waiter said their nutella and creme cheese crepe could have strawberries substituted for the nutella. It turned out being a pancake with unsweetened creme cheese and 2 strawberries sliced and put on the top. My husband got a savory crepe of some sort and he said it was mediocre but at least they used a real crepe. I'd only recommend Caiman for drinks when you have lots of time.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

OK, So I'm going to tell you about Caiman 'cos I know you'll keep it to yourself. Just off the quinta avenida, on calle 24, it's a bohemian, cool hangout where everyone is welcome. The food is fresh, veggy-friendly and uses locally sourced ingrediants. Try the rice hamburger and you won't be disappointed. Seriously! As a meat-eater I was blown away! It's hard to believe it's so close to the main tourist drag - it really has a completely different vibe.
Go, try it, but keep it to yourself - we don't want everyone knowing, now do we?