“Spectacular Diving”
Review of Beyond Diving

Beyond Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Come dive in beautiful Playa del Carmen with us. We offer all levels of PADI recreational diving training, technical diving training, cavern to full cave guided dives and training as well as rebreather training (Poseidon MKVI). We are true professionals who love what we do, and do what we love. Come join us!
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Spectacular Diving”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I cannot recommend Beyond Diving highly enough. We have just returned from two weeks' diving with Erik and it was a truly excellent experience. Before our trip, Erik created a personalised dive package for us - we originally planned 3 days at Cenotes and 5 days' ocean diving including Cozumel. However, once we were there, the diving was so great that we knew we needed to dive every single day of our trip so Erik was extremely helpful in putting together more great dives including a wreck at short notice. He accompanied us on most dives but all his guides are outstanding so we were delighted to dive with Svenn, Claudia and Mario as well - all truly lovely people. Everybody we met went out of their way to ensure our diving was outstanding. Sandra, Erik's wife, is fantastic - always there to help you with any aspect of your holiday and the boat crew who took us out every day couldn't have done more to assist us with our gear and just make sure everything went smoothly. We saw some great marine life - the rays on the wreck at Puerto morelos are not to be missed and the Cenotes are stunningly beautiful. If you are looking for a great diving experience where you will be truly welcomed, this is the place for you.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Emma W
Erik R, Owner at Beyond Diving, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Words can't describe what an absolute pleasure it was to be in Shaun's and your company for 2 whole weeks. You guys are awesome divers and fantastic people and it was really really great getting to know you and dive with you. We all hope that you will be back in the near future.

Newmarket, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gotta love these guys...Outstanding diving experts!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Erik, the owner, took my husband on 4 Cenote dives--which he could only describe as EPIC! Sandra and the entire staff at Beyond are fabulous-- all of their gear is top of the line and well maintained......
I did a discovery dive with Steve, he was very patient and encouraging---and I had the best time--even saw a stingray and 2 bull sharks--absolutely awesome. Whether you're a newbie or an expert--Beyond Diving is your one-stop-shop for diving in Playa and I highly recommend them.

Visited February 2014
Erik R, Owner at Beyond Diving, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you Judith. It was a blast having you and Rob around. We really hope that you will be back soon to visit us. Especially now that you are a certified diver! So many places to show you! so hurry up and come back!
North Ridgeville, Ohio
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“First time SCUBA (Discover Scuba trip) AWESOME EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

You could not ask for a nicer group of people to assist and help you with your first SCUBA experience. They really put you at ease and are patient with your learning and experience. They truly want you to have the best time under the sea! I highly recomend them to anyone new or experienced. I will send everyone I know traveling thru their area to them. I can't wait to go back and dive again with this group. Beyond Diving, thank you for making me feel so welcome, you made me feel like family when I was with your group. YOU MUST USE THIS GROUP IF IN CANCUN OR RIVIERA MAYA!!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank 984kevinq
Erik R, Owner at Beyond Diving, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you Kevin! It was awesome meeting you and having you dive with us. Hopefully next time you come down you'll have enough time to do your certification course and we can do loads more dives!
Humble, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding Customer Service.”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I had the time of our lives diving with Erik. Very Professional and was more than happy to share his knowledge with us. We did 4 ocean dives and 2 Cenote dives which were out of this world. I highly recommend this dive shop for its customer service, friendly atmosphere and the vast knowledge of the staff. If my wife and I ever go back to Playa Del Carman, Beyond Diving WILL BE THE DIVE SHOP WE USE!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank JohnD1965
Erik R, Owner at Beyond Diving, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for the kind words John! It was a real pleasure having you both here, and diving with you. You both made great progress as divers during your 3 days with us, and I am very happy and proud to have been there to see that progress. keep on diving, and see you soon!
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Cenote dives - June 2014”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I dove 4 Cenotes with Erik earlier this month. I highly recommend Beyond Diving
+ Well maintained equipment - Erik claimed it was 2 year old but looked brand new to me!
+ Erik was very experienced and made sure I enjoyed each dive thoroughly - right from my first dive
+ Small groups (I dove just with Erik twice)
+ Both Erik and Sandra were extremely patient throughout the booking process

Would dive with Erik again the next time I am in town

1 Thank GuruSankar
Erik R, Owner at Beyond Diving, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you Guru! It was a real pleasure diving with you! I hope the rest of your trip went well, and I hope you will come back to visit us again soon!