“I loved this restaurant!”
Review of Fruta Madre - CLOSED

Fruta Madre
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: AREA INFANTIL / EVENTOS PARA FAMILIAS...Descrizione*** Lo sano,natural y lo orgánico son conceptos que cada ves están mas de moda y que día a día mas gente ha comenzado a incorporar a su vida y rutina.*** Una selección de entretenidos, innovadores platillos en la base de comida cruda, donde podrás disfrutar de un rico desayuno, un rico almuerzo o descubrir pequeñas delicias gourmet para darle un toque natural a tu vida (OMELETTE,HUEVOS REVUELTOS ,ENSALADAS,PANINIS , famoso sono tambien los nuestros RAVIOLI, hechos con mucho amor aqui en Playa del Carmen de nuestro amigo ROBERTO MURER.*** NUESTRA ESPECIALIDAD ES EL FRUSHI : preparado con un platillo a base de ricas frutas queso crema PHILADELPHIA y arroz dulce con sus variadas salsas dulces,es una vista donde combinamos lo sano con lo rico.TODAS NUESTRA SALSAS Y ADEREZOS SON CASERAS.*** En nuestro restaurante ningún producto es por azar, fueron cuidadosamente elegidos ya que fueron degustados en camino a realizar un menú conforme a lo que nosotros queríamos , manjares caseros como las vinagretas de nuestras ensaladas y salsas de nuestro frushi sabores combinados a frutas cebollas dulces ,manzanas . y mas .....*** disfrutareis de un trato agradable y familiar , contamos con area para niños , 2 monitores 42´´,full hall, hd 3d para ver (toy story,up,moster and co, era de hielo = somos amigos de tus mascotas puedes venir con ellos no hay problema ........°°° lo que buscamos es los platos que están desapareciendo en otros restaurantes y una sonrisa propia después de comer...lo que nos caracteriza es la frescura de los ingredientes con toques originales,aromas y colores realizados con amor...nuestros productos son 100% mexicanos te esperemos por siempre FrutaMadre® no es un bar, FrutaMadre® no es un restauranteFrutaMadre® es naturalmente FrutaMadre®SI NO NOS IMPORTARAS DE DARIAMOS PAPAS FRITAS Y MANZANITA........TE ESPERAMOS, llamanos para reservaciones.
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I was blown away by the smoked salmon salad! So delicious! Very friendly waitress (also a Canadian) she helped us line up a driver for our trip to coba and a cenote for the day! Thank you!
Yummy smoothies and juices! I quite enjoyed my mango basil smoothie!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I wish we would have ate here earlier on in our vacation. IT IS FABULOUS!! We had a salad with"Roasted Apple, ash goat cheese, nuts & a fabulous Berry vinaigrette dressing. It was AMAZING!! Such an exquisite mix of flavors that I never would have put together myself. Then we had a bruschetta variety that was delicious. Our main course was the Club house sandwich that was my spouses' favorite. We only have 10 days left and I can guarantee we will be back at least 3 more times.
They have a very good selection of organic, natural & vegetarian food. If you are NOT a vegetarian they have meat selections as well. I can go either way as long as the food is flavorful. Trust me their food has a burst of flavor in every bite. This is a MUST TRY when you are in Playa del carmen. It is located just before the entrance to Playa car on 5th.
Their food is very tasty and the prices are reasonable.
They only negative is they allow smoking like most other places in Playa del carmen. It being a natural eatery you would hope they would NOT allow that. The food is so good you may be able to over look that. I hope you try it.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The staff were very professional and friendly. The food was made with wonderful fresh ingredients and you can sit at the counter and watch the chef make your meal - and I was so impressed with the skills the chef and kitchen staff had. We had smoothies every day we were in town and they were fresh squeezed juice masterpieces. We also tried their breakfast - scrambled eggs with mushrooms and asparagus tips was fantastic...all the meals we had were more than adaquate size. The wonderful morning pastries with fresh jams and marmalades were also a huge hit. The real stars in this restaurants are kept in a cooler at the back and in their you will find the most beautiful and absolutely 5 star Italian dessert cakes....all I can say is WOW!! This is a place we go back to time and time again and can't wait to go back for another little piece of Italian cake heaven.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

My girl and I ate here around noon on a friday. Loved the atmosphere, really bright, fast service, excellent food, good taste, fresh ingredients! Good portions.
The only reason why I did not rate it Excellent is because they still use Styrofoam for the to go orders and take out :(

I would totally come back here and if I wouldn't see styrofoam I would give it THE best rate!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I thought I had figured out where to get a great breakfast inPlaya. Fruta Madre was a real surprise. I have never had a better omelette anywhere. Really fresh vegetables and the addition of zucchini and carrots made a truly delicious omelette. The serving was huge! I could have shared it with someone else but I ended up finishing it. The Salmon dishes were also excellent. Very healthy food. The prices are a little high. Service was great.