“Local food with good prices!”
Review of Camino Ka'kaw - CLOSED

Camino Ka'kaw
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Independent gastronomic forum of chocolateria and author cuisine, based on the art, traditions and culture of Mexico. We strive to offer you a pleasant sensorial experience. Our cacao beans and chocolate is all natural, transformed in our kitchens into fabulous dishes such as Hibiscus Tostadas, Chocolate Mole Brownie in creamy coriander sauce, Chocolate Tamale with guava chutney, or homemade pastas like Cacao Fetuccini in almond pesto or Chocolate Vegetarian Lasagna. Salads of fresh local greens, spouts, fruits and nuts with a choice of extras and dressings like Creamy Habanero, Tamarind, Red wine and Chocolate infused with cardamom. Satisfaction guaranteed !
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The best options in Playa Del Carmen. If you want to try the real Mexican and traditional food, Camino Kakaw offers differents gourmet dishes with an extraordinary cacao touch. The prices are good... Don't miss it!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is the best chocolate (cacao) cafe on 5th Avenue in Playa Del Carmen. Everything on the menu is delicious and interesting to taste. You will definitely visit often because the staff is so welcoming and friendly. Its on a cozy corner with indoor or outdoor seating and also a bike stand. Their chocolate products like coffee, homemade granola, flavored chocolates, are great gift ideas to take home to family and friends. Its one of my favorite places on my holidays there. Guaranteed it will be the highlight of your trip too. Mucho Gracias to Camino Ka'kaw!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have been to this place at least a dozen times and I've liked everything I've ordered. It's so unique and I'm not adventurous at all when it comes to food, but this place is outstanding, the flavors combined are so unique it wakes the palette and it's more than just eating it's a sensory experience. LOVE IT. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Whether or not you are a chocolate fan, it is worth it! The tostadas made with hibiscus flowers should win an award, they are to die for! The salads are very well-portioned and the cacao fettucini is yummy! Try the mocha, real chocolate and real coffee=the best mocha I have had! It is a small, family run restaurant, so they are very friendly and you can tell they really put love into the dishes.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I must admit that I wasn't sure that this would be my sort of place since chocolate isn't something that greatly interests me. However we were very pleasantly surprised and enjoyed a very pleasant evening out with two friends. The cocoa is blended subtly into the food and not at all overt.
Overall a nice idea and it is run by nice friendly people.

1  Thank George J