“We will come back!” 4 of 5 bubbles

El Tapas & Company
Ranked #24 of 1,217 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“We will come back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

After reading so many great reviews I wanted to try El Tapas. I had guests in town. I was told by another Restauranteur that he had heard some negative comments. I decided to go by the restaurant for myself. At first glance the restaurant seemed to lack ambiance and I decided against trying it with our guests. Tonight we decided to give it a try.... I wish that I had taken our guests there after-all! Delicious food!!! We had Gazpacho, Chorizo, Octopus with Potatoes, Tortilla, Spanish Potatoes and Seafood Paella. Our crew loved every bite!!! The service was friendly, helpful and quick. the bill was reasonable. We loved it and will make this a regular visit!

Visited January 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We got here in the very first night at Playa del Carmen by chance. All the food were excellent. Servers are friendly and very kind. We tried other restaurants but this was the best place I ate at Playa del Carmen. While it is a great restaurant, it's a small restaurant. If you prefer not to wait, I would suggest to avoid a busy time and go there later at night.

“Flavorful, home-like cooked, fresh food. Attentive, courteous service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

We've been coming to playa every year, for the past 6 years and I just stumbled on this restaurant tonight. Thanks to trip advisor, we just had the best meal in a long time here. In our party, we had 2 seniors plus 4 kids inc a 2 yr old. The owner was very accommodating and helped us with ordering and seating us. We had the seafood paella which was by far the best I've had ever. Moist, loaded with seafood. Not oily or salty. Just perfect. My 8 yr old had the burgers, which were so flavorful. There are 3 sandwiches on 1 order. We had the Creme brûlée like dessert which was heavenly and decadent. A Perfectly rich, smooth and sweet ending to our meal. My kids also had the orange ice cream, which is orange ice cream stuffed into an orange that's frozen. So delicious! We ordered another one. All in all a great meal in a beautiful city location that beats the busy touristy 5th ave. I'd prefer to dine here over those restaurants any evening. All this for $120. We will definitely be returning.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Sheyam72
Vancouver
“Great dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Thanks to other reviewers, we had our most enjoyable lunch while spending two weeks in Playa del Carmen. Lovely attentive Spanish born hostess and a paella mixta well worth waiting for. We split albondigas to start and sipped on the most delicious sangria. Quite a find. If the rest of the menu measures up, this is tapas and pinchos as good as anything you'd see in Spain.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Vickio
Fort Worth, Texas
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Yet another glowing review for El Tapas. Great spot for paella, and we do recommend the seafood paella.