“Cold drinks, great service, awesome view and excellent food.”
Review of Restaurant Paamul

Restaurant Paamul
Ranked #386 of 1,426 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Mmmmm! Rib Eye Steak is spiced and cooked so good, what an excellent value. Let me suggest you get it with small potatoes instead of the rice. I'm getting hungry just thinking about. Grab a chair right beside the ocean and you'll love the view. The service is friendly and wanting to serve you. If it's hot you have the option to jump in the pool or the ocean. This place is a gem.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

If you are tired of your hotel food or want to explore something a little off the beaten path, this place makes a perfect daytrip from any hotel in Playa del Carmen. It is about a 10 minute drive from Playa. Head south toward Tulum and look for the "Paa Mul" sign, make a u-turn and first right drive down to the beach past the trailer park. A local took us and we really enjoyed our visit there. The restaurant is very simple (a roof with an amazing view of a beach you can go swim and snorkel in) very nice and laid back. We had various types of ceviche and it was wonderful. I had the octopus, shrimp and fish, and my wife had shrimp and fish ceviche. Both were perfect, I wish I could have stayed the whole day to swim there. It was definitely a nice change from the excessively preppy 5th avenue in Playa. This was the simple mexican beach life, the way things are meant to be.

1  Thank MG_Foodie_78
Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

We stay in Playa, but try to get to Paamul for day trips as often as we can. We come early and end with a wonderful lunch. Everyone is so friendly and provide great service and food. My favorite is the chicken wings - but it's all yummy.

Muy Bueno!

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Amezing steak quality! Great service and a beautiful beach with a natural reef... What more can you ask for??

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Just got back in from another amazing Sunday Getaway. Took the whole family to beautiful Paamul for an amazing all around meal. I went back to my favorite, Picatta (a Brazilian cut of Prime Angus beef). So succulent that it is hard for me to try anything wlse (although I was impressed with the Ribs last time we went). My wife ordered what she always orders, the stuffed fish filet as did Mum. John ordered the catch of the day a fresh Wahoo filet marinated in olive oil, garlic powder and cilantro. He was indeed impressed. The kitchen by mistek sent all orders with grilled veggies when we all asked for fries (chips). Not a problem, the waiter immediately noticed and brought out 2 plates of fresh made fries at no extra charge. I am surprised that this establishment does not have more reviews as they location and quality of service and food are amazing (perhaps we are trying to keep it a secret).

2  Thank CaptainQuickie